Would this $100 note have any value to a collector?

JoseyWales23

Jan 15, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The serial number is what caught my eye - DB14414449D

Wish it ended in 4...

As you can see, condition isn't great. What do you think?

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1429292147.705597.jpg

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1429292185.073399.jpg

Upvote 0

Avago

Jun 26, 2014
The 2nd State
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm always on the lookout for things like these. They're called "fancy" serial numbers. There are a few sites out there that show you the kinds of things to look for... ladders, repeaters, binary, etc. It seems to me like the market is very niche though, and buyers have very specific tastes. I would pass on this one personally.

OP
OP
J

JoseyWales23

Jan 15, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm always on the lookout for things like these. They're called "fancy" serial numbers. There are a few sites out there that show you the kinds of things to look for... ladders, repeaters, binary, etc. It seems to me like the market is very niche though, and buyers have very specific tastes. I would pass on this one personally.

Thanks.

That's what I'm thinking. Been reading a bit on serial hunting lol. If it were something like 14411441, in better condition, I think that'd be worth something.

GlenDronach

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's close, but it's not a true "radar" note that is t he same forward/backward, or repeater note, because of the extra 4 or 9.

I ran into the same problem. I kept finding cool bills but couldn't find a market for them so they just got spent again.

I've got a few star bills that I might end up spending because no one seems to care.

el padron

Oct 29, 2010
Southern California
Detector(s) used
The content of this space is contingent upon principals acceptance, execution and or final disposition / funding of an approved product endorsement agreement
Primary Interest:
Other

baddbluff

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2011
vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If it was a $1 note and was only 1s and 4s, yes. Problem is, no one wants to save a $100 bill that's only worth like $102. If it was a $100 solid serial #, it would be worth saving.

ckm91377

Sep 18, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You could always try listing on Ebay and see what happens. I recently gained an interest into "collectible" money and have seen quite a few sell on there where I thought to myself-"why the hell would anyone want that?".

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread