2002 and after

Avago

Jun 26, 2014
The 2nd State
Primary Interest:
Other
I save the 1987's, all mint marks. I also hang on to the nice proof coins, maybe try to turn a profit on them sometime. If you start saving all of the post-2001 NIFC you'll soon find you've tied up your entire CRH bankroll. They're more common than you think, at least they are for me. If you're interested in completing a date/mint set, I'd do that and toss the rest.

JoseyWales23

Jan 15, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I save the 1987's, all mint marks. I also hang on to the nice proof coins, maybe try to turn a profit on them sometime. If you start saving all of the post-2001 NIFC you'll soon find you've tied up your entire CRH bankroll. They're more common than you think, at least they are for me. If you're interested in completing a date/mint set, I'd do that and toss the rest.

What's special about the 1987s?

ArkieBassMan

Silver Member
Dec 17, 2009
AR
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The 1987 are just like the 2002-present halves. They were only issued in collector sets, rolls, and the like. I find it strange that some of the people that throw back all 2002-now halves keep the 1987's and proofs. They are all basically the same thing - NIFC halves.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread