Tellers Guilt

fiatboy

Bronze Member
Jan 28, 2007
Tellers' Guilt

Today was a pretty awesome day.

I found a 1945 S war nickel, a 1937 Buffalo nickel, a 1964 silver dime, about 15 wheat cents, and a good number of pre-1960 nickels (why am I saving these things? They're everywhere!).

Halves finally turned around. At one of the banks, I asked the teller for halves, she said she only had three, put three on the counter, then quickly removed two of them, saying, "Those are already sold. I only have one half dollar." It was painfully clad. 1972. Once again, a 1972 half. It seems like there are trillions of these things! I gave her a look that said, "You've got to be kidding me. We both know those were silver halves." To be fair, she put them on the counter and then removed them so quickly---obviously recognizing her error---that I didn't get a chance to see if they were silver. To make a long story short, I asked for nickels, and she went back to the vault to get them. She returned with $40 in nickels. I noticed she looked troubled---I dare say guilty, almost like she was hiding something. Hiding halves perhaps? She wouldn't even look me in the eye. I asked for pennies and dimes, she obliged, and then as I was walking away, she called out, "Oh wait. I think there might be a roll of halves in the back somewhere. I don't know, but I can go check for you." She returned with a single roll---"It's all we have." The entire roll was 40% silver.

Upvote 0

tw656

Jan 13, 2007
Re: Tellers' Guilt

Nice Finds! That is pecular. Maybe she saves them for others. Was te roll of 40% hand wrapped? Either way, you gotta take them as you get them. And sometimes the gettings good. ;D

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Why do they call them tellers if they wont tell? ::)

acevillav

May 5, 2005
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2

It's karma, she felt it breathing down her neck >:( and had to do the right thing ;). The sun may shine and the rain may fall on the just and the unjust alike but you can't run away from yourself or karma. Enough philosophy Sweet score amigo !

Acevillav

LJ

Silver Member
Dec 23, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Congrats FB. That is a great story. A complete roll of silver is sweet! I am still waiting on my first Buffalo nickel....in due time......

Keep em coming and good luck on the next hunt.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread