Detector(s) used
Xterra 305
Xterra 705
Upvote 0

mxh5891

Feb 27, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Check all places. You never know when or where you will find a great deal.

retire05

Feb 16, 2015
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Garrett 350, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just sold 140 40%ers to a friend. To determine the price I first looked at melt value, then the average for the last 5 similar eBay auctions for '165-'69 coin average. I also called several coin shops and pawn shops. I found a tremendous difference in prices for each source and even among the same sources. I say this to point out that everyone seems to be different so due diligence is necessary for each source you look into and there really isn't a "norm" that is better than another...Brad

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
every antique shop I have ever walked into, If they had coins, they were way overpriced.

boristhespider88

Bronze Member
May 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I check antique stores and even pawn shops, and every time I ever have, they are all waaaay over priced. LCS has decent prices.

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went into an antique store once that had wheaties for $1.00 each. I told them they were way over price. They said that was the going price. I told them good luck selling them and left. They're no longer in business.

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I went into an antique store once that had wheaties for $1.00 each. I told them they were way over price. They said that was the going price. I told them good luck selling them and left. They're no longer in business.
I got you beat...an old timer for years at my local flea market for years has been trying to sell common Indian Heads for $25 each. He told me he sells a lot...yea, BS alert!.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread