silver proof state qtr teller tray find

norcalsteve

Sep 30, 2013
Petaluma, CA
Detector(s) used
36" Bazooka Prospector, Gold-n-Sand hand dredge
Was at the bank picking up a box of halves and I looked over at the tellers coin tray. Right in the middle of her stack of quarters was this screaming out to me.
I gladly trader her one of my clad quarters for it.

ForumRunner_20150506_174330.png

ForumRunner_20150506_174344.png

Upvote 0

Liu21

Dec 14, 2014
Brooklyn, NY
Detector(s) used
AT Pro/BH Platinum, (Garret Pro-Pointer)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
watch out, people are going to come and bash you for sniping...

boristhespider88

Bronze Member
May 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Cool! I've found 3 clad proof quarters (1992-S in 2013 and 2 state proof quarters last year). Still hunting for that elusive silver proof quarter!

OP
OP
norcalsteve

norcalsteve

Sep 30, 2013
Petaluma, CA
Detector(s) used
Cool! I've found 3 clad proof quarters (1992-S in 2013 and 2 state proof quarters last year). Still hunting for that elusive silver proof quarter!

Thanks, this is the first proof quarter I have found. Really stoked that it is a silver one.

Vdubguy

Jul 31, 2013
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 (current detector)
Garrett Pro Pointer
Garrett AT Pro (first detector, no longer have)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
watch out, people are going to come and bash you for sniping...

I know some people don't like when a CRHer picks and chooses which halves to buy out of a teller tray when they spot a silver edge. Normally the tellers only have a few halves, if any, in their tray. So a CRHer should just buy them all without question. Taking the clad with the silver. Most times the tellers are thrilled to get rid of them.

I see nothing wrong with the OP selecting which quarter to buy out of the tray. I would find it unusual to buy all the quarters out of the teller tray (unless they are ALL silver, haha) since they use them to cash checks, make change, etc. Just my opinion.

Great silver proof! I have only found one proof quarter, but it wasn't silver. Congrats.

HH

Vdubguy

OP
OP
norcalsteve

norcalsteve

Sep 30, 2013
Petaluma, CA
Detector(s) used
I know some people don't like when a CRHer picks and chooses which halves to buy out of a teller tray when they spot a silver edge. Normally the tellers only have a few halves, if any, in their tray. So a CRHer should just buy them all without question. Taking the clad with the silver. Most times the tellers are thrilled to get rid of them.

I see nothing wrong with the OP selecting which quarter to buy out of the tray. I would find it unusual to buy all the quarters out of the teller tray (unless they are ALL silver, haha) since they use them to cash checks, make change, etc. Just my opinion.

Great silver proof! I have only found one proof quarter, but it wasn't silver. Congrats.

HH

Vdubguy

Thanks
You are right. If it was a half dollar among the few I would ask for all of them. This was a quarter in the middle of a full stack. The teller knows I am a coin collecter. She asked me what was special about it I told her I could tell by the edge it was from a proof set and that they are hard to find. No mention of silver. She said that I had a good eye for spotting it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions