Anyone CRH 90%silver or old coin rolls?

Dave Rishar

Silver Member
Mar 6, 2008
WA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, XP Deus, Vallon Gizmo
How does the seller know what's in each of those rolls unless someone, at some point, took a look at each of the coins now inside? I'd be downright angry if I ordered a roll of Barbers from them and found a Roosevelt in the middle.

OP
OP

Tenderfoot
May 12, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
lol, that's true. i thought maybe they'd just check for a date range if they have a massive inventory

Last edited:

Avago

Jun 26, 2014
The 2nd State
Primary Interest:
Other
The problem I have with that ad is that it says "unsearched circulated." Well, somebody looked at them at some point before they got pulled out of circulation and put back in a roll. That doesn't count as "unsearched" for me. And at 13.5x to almost 15x face, I'd rather find them from a bank roll at 1x face.

TheWalrus

Oct 7, 2014
Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bought a couple of dime rolls many years ago, the auction ended at below melt with shipping so I figured what the heck.
Not only were the coins bad shape and a little thin and light, they were in chronological order in the rolls. the wrappers were newer and beat up to look old.
In weighing them I paid just a few cents over spot even with the poor condition, I figured it was a cheap lesson and I really did not lose out overall.
Same thing I see with the extraordinary amount of shotgun rolls of pennies with a 1909 one side and a Merc at the ender, the chances that one person has 45 rolls with this exact thing to happen is about the same of winning a top lotto prize. My 2cents

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They probably aren't searched. However there's not really any date in the Roosevelt dimes to really make it worthwhile if it happened to be in there anyways is there? Maybe a 1955 but its still not worth that much. Unless maybe they're all uncirculated but the price doesn't reflect that I don't think.

I fell into the unsearched penny trick one time and bought a whole jar full of 1945-48 pennies for about five times what they were worth. Won't do that ever again.

BGASC

May 14, 2015
Calabasas, CA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello everyone,

An example of some dimes being received and getting ready to go into the counting/rolling machine:
10561104_1584835265091946_1668217894_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Liu21

Dec 14, 2014
Brooklyn, NY
Detector(s) used
AT Pro/BH Platinum, (Garret Pro-Pointer)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
He only true I searched rolls/coins are in the fed vault, they are in bags sitting wayyyy in the back and at the bottom or top of the shelves of bagged coins....

foofighters

Nov 7, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Am I the only one who get the feeling the original question was intended to get a response from the linked business?

BGASC

May 14, 2015
Calabasas, CA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I monitor our website stats and saw some traffic come in from this thread so I thought I'd check it out.

I guarantee you I have no affiliation with nor do I know the original poster, and my chiming in to the discussion was merely to assure anyone who was wondering that the coin rolls are truly unsearched.

- Vic

Last edited by a moderator:

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Victoria you are welcome to join in the discussion and you are welcome here. But you may not solicit or advertise. If you wish to do so you may contact a moderator for more information. You will find that our CRH'S are some of the best to be found. But of course they will never admit that!
HH
TnMtns

Avago

Jun 26, 2014
The 2nd State
Primary Interest:
Other
Okay, so perhaps the dimes in question have not been searched by the seller; however, since the were pulled from circulation they would have had to have been found by someone. How can something be unsearched if it had to be found? :laughing7:

I don't know, maybe I'm splitting hairs here. To me, the whole idea of advertising something as "unsearched" is to entice the buyer into believing that there is a more-than-average potential to find some hidden treasure since the coins haven't been looked at (by the seller). In reality, someone, somewhere had to look at them, i.e. search for them in order to cull them out of circulation in the first place, likely pulling out any of the said hidden treasure. I believe the use of the term "unsearched" in any of these ads is intentionally misleading, or at the very least a little deceptive.

Beachkid and Liu have it right anyway... There isn't much of anything in the silver Roosevelt dime series to be found to justify spending more on an "unsearched" roll anyway. They're all circulated, not a very high likelihood of finding anything near MS. The only true unsearched roll is a sealed mint roll.

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Victoria you are welcome to join in the discussion and you are welcome here. But you may not solicit or advertise. If you wish to do so you may contact a moderator for more information. You will find that our CRH'S are some of the best to be found. But of course they will never admit that!
HH
TnMtns
This includes in your signature in your profile, advertising is advertising...

Dave Rishar

Silver Member
Mar 6, 2008
WA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, XP Deus, Vallon Gizmo
Hello everyone,

An example of some dimes being received and getting ready to go into the counting/rolling machine:
View attachment 1161361

A potentially interesting turn of events. Where did all of those coins come from, and how is it certain that they're all (or even mostly) 90%?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread