Self-service car wash machine

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Went to a local self-serve car wash, went to the coin machine on the wall & put in a $5 bill for quarters(20), out pops 2-silver washington quarters with the rest being clads. Think I'll wash the car more often.
OR, take about $100 in five dollar bills and empty that machine each week. Hmmm, just an idea.

Upvote 0

Liu21

Dec 14, 2014
Brooklyn, NY
Detector(s) used
AT Pro/BH Platinum, (Garret Pro-Pointer)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Im pretty sure those came from a roll..

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The owner of the car wash won't be thrilled to see cash out all of the quarters from him, this will not only make you look bad, but you will hurt the carwash sales if they ever run out of quarters.

baddbluff

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2011
vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just be prepared to face the wrath of the owner if he catches you. They get pissed when customers have to go somewhere else cuz there's no change in the change machine. If it was my business, I'd probably cut your pinkies off with a cigar cutter. Just sayin...

MIhunter

Bronze Member
Jun 29, 2011
Southeastern MI
Getting a silver quarter, dime or nickel in change from a machine or cashier is:
1) a wonderful feeling (got a 1945S nickel from a gas station in change this week)
2) Extremely rare!! not worth making a habit of emptying change machines

weighit

Feb 17, 2007
Northern Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX with a Big Foot coil
Gold Bug 2
My friend owns a quarter car wash and is always complaining he has to buy quarters. I asked why? I thought they just made the circle, people buy and then drop into the coin machine and wash the vehicle. So he would end up with paper money and all his original quarters. He said that is the way it is supposed to work, except he watches people all the time buy his quarters then drive next door to the Laundromat and wash clothes! Ticks him off to no end.

OP
OP
Dozer D

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Boy you guys are vicious. Can't you even read between the lines as being just a JOKE on words, and that I was just pulling your chain about CRH at a car wash. Just give it a break, OK ALREADY.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread