My oldest silver find and another neat score

Avago

Jun 26, 2014
The 2nd State
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey TNet, check these out! My girlfriend pulled a 1893 Columbian Exposition commemorative out of a box earlier in the week. She always finds the oldest and neatest coins... this is our second commemorative this year. I found a 1982 Washington commemorative half about a month ago, but this one is 122 years old and is in nice shape for its age!

I also hit up a couple banks after making a dump yesterday... one had nothing but all three tellers at the other had some, totaling about $20 worth. I heard the sweet jingle of silver from two of them. Ended up pulling two 40% plus this great looking 1970-S 40%. I'm not sure how the teller didn't wonder about that thick white rim among the dirty copper clad, but it's mine now!

IMAG0611_1.jpg IMAG0614_1.jpg

These finds have been the exception to an otherwise slower year so far. I also managed to score an 80% Canadian dime while dumping this past weekend :thumbsup:

Good luck everyone, keep that silver coming!

Upvote 0

Zero

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2013
Kentucky
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have an 1893, but I had to buy mine...great score!

ArkieBassMan

Silver Member
Dec 17, 2009
AR
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good finds! :icon_thumright:

A Columbian Expo half was near the top of my "reasonable expectation to find" CRH bucket list. That has yet to happen, but I did dig one last month with the e-trac. Go figure.

Greastart

Bronze Member
Dec 29, 2014
Far North Corner of CA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT Pro and a Garrett Carrot
Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Other
Two I've never seen before! I've learned a lot from you all...more lessons to come, I'm sure.

TheMastermind

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2012
Pennsy
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice! Congrats, man. I found my second Columbian Exposition half last week.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread