Half dollar box

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So after watching you guys pull out half-dollars I decided I was going to go get a box and see if I could find anything that's over. I've been to both of my banks and three branches like them. Plus a Bank of America and two other banks SunTrust and something I don't remember the name of. So how do you get these boxes of half-dollars? Do you have to have your bank order them for you? The one told me if I open an account they will order them for me. But I'm not opening the account with them and my banks gave me no indication on how to get one. Is it something I have to request?

Upvote 0

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, banks don't keep boxes of halves laying around. They only order coins they use on a daily basis. You have to order them.

Iamrussell

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If ya wanna do halves you have to go to the banks will order them- so you might have to open an account at a new bank if your banks wont ordet them for you-but before you get serious about order halves make sure you have a good dump situation set up-

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Our credit union won't order them but they have a machine that's free to dump as long as it's a $100 or under. And I drive by there everyday after I drop off the kids to daycare. I don't like that machine. I use to get a ton of silver before it. Now none. But they could care less, I don't even think they run it and it takes everything. In fact I have an appointment to go to the bank managers house in a couple weeks to buy all of her silver from because she's been hoarding it for the last 20 years and she's ready to sell. But she's okay with doing 1000 or $2000 at a time so I'm fine with that!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread