hard lesson learned

rayzhell

May 9, 2007
watseka, il
well i got some goodies but i just learned a valuable lesson went to 5 banks today scored 3 40% and 2 large dollars not silver then hit a bank and was able to pick up 150.00 worth of halves about 35 miles from the house about half way home i picked a roll up and felt something funny low and behold all of them had been slitted searched and taped back up ah well lesson learned
todayfind.jpg

Upvote 0

Emperor Findus Cladius

Bronze Member
Sep 2, 2004
TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision/V3 Spectra, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, I learned the hard way myself, if they look like machine wrapped rolls look at a few of them to see if they have been opened yet. I did that when I went to a bank a week after getting some "machine wrapped" rolls that were opened then retaped. I noticed the same thing on these, and said to the teller that I did not want these as someone has already searched thru these and are trying to get rid of their rejects on some unsuspecting person and I wanted some unsearched rolls. I could tell by the way she got red in the face from being caught that she was the one who did the searching. She said that was all she had so I turned around and left without the rejects.

OP
OP
R

rayzhell

May 9, 2007
watseka, il
yeah Ive run through about 25 banks in the last few days and Ive already got a list of banks that have a collector working there you can just tell you get that quick no they don't bother looking lol I'm seeing a trend in going to the younger tellers and getting better responses from them

coolpix9

Bronze Member
Jan 17, 2007
Primary Interest:
Other
Ray, there must be several searchers in the Notre Dame part of the world. You may have to take a road trip to smaller towns. I am happy your son was not hurt too bad. Jim

OP
OP
R

rayzhell

May 9, 2007
watseka, il
yeah hes doing fine. 4 yrs old of course hes not going to let it slow him down. They never do. lol. By chance anyone notice the date on that dollar. It is a 40%. It didn't even register I've been looking at the halves to much lately.

fiatboy

Bronze Member
Jan 28, 2007
Hey Ray

One of those Ike's are Silver
1971-1976 Eisenhower Dollar (40% silver)

Chad

Are you saying that it's silver because it was minted in 1971-1976? That doesn't make it silver. Though from the picture it looks like it could be silver. Does it have an S mintmark? Regardless, nice find, and I hope it is indeed silver.

coincollector101

May 8, 2007
Interesting i did not know that.

All of the silver "Ike" coins were minted at the San Francisco Mint in 1971, 1972, 1973, 1974, and 1976.

Getting my ikes out to see if any are silver now :o
lol

Chad

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions