mountainman 2

Bronze Member
Aug 9, 2006
Extreme Northern NJ
Detector(s) used
whites classic sl,whites surfmaster,garrett ATX,minelab vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello to all my fellow CRHers. Hope you had a memorable memorial day. Wanted to share this.
I stopped by one of my TD banks Friday to pick up some boxes as is my usual routine. They all know me well here. The one teller says she was saving something for me. Comes out with a envelope and pours a nice little pile of silver coins on the counter. Told me they were rejected by Penny and she was saving them for me. She counts out $4.75 in silver quarters and dimes, all Rosies and Washingtons. I couldn't say thank you to her enough for her thoughfulness. Absolutely made my day! Oldest quarter was a 39-d, oldest dime a 54.
I'm always courteous when i'm talking to bank employees, even when things aren't going particularly well. Sometimes it pays off in ways we would never expect.
On a side note, my wife found a near perfect 43-D steel cent in her change the other day. Nicest example i've ever seen.
Thanks for reading everyone. HH-MM2

Attachments

• DSCN4947.JPG
    DSCN4947.JPG
    20 KB · Views: 544
  • DSCN4948.JPG
    DSCN4948.JPG
    47.6 KB · Views: 544
  • DSCN4949.JPG
    DSCN4949.JPG
    31.5 KB · Views: 586
Upvote 0

mxh5891

Feb 27, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's awesome! Congrats and it's a great feeling when being nice pays off.

Liu21

Dec 14, 2014
Brooklyn, NY
Detector(s) used
AT Pro/BH Platinum, (Garret Pro-Pointer)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Bring her a gift card or something, and she'll snipe more silver for you.

Styfflin

Jan 8, 2013
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice silver grab and nice teller. I wish those silver-sharing tellers would multiply!

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey MM2, super score again! Always have enjoyed your posts ( though I've said to you many times before), I don't post much anymore due to life being complicated right now but, I do still lurk and try and keep up. HH, Maverick,

barneyb71

Mar 6, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One of my tellers gave me a 64 Rosie today....for free!

OP
OP
mountainman 2

mountainman 2

Bronze Member
Aug 9, 2006
Extreme Northern NJ
Detector(s) used
whites classic sl,whites surfmaster,garrett ATX,minelab vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey MM2, super score again! Always have enjoyed your posts ( though I've said to you many times before), I don't post much anymore due to life being complicated right now but, I do still lurk and try and keep up. HH, Maverick,

Good to see you're still checking in Mav. Thanks for the kind words. I've got a real mystery coin that I'm going to post when I get home from work. A 1909 wheat cent that has something very interesting engraved on the back.
Thanks for the comments everyone. Good luck in your searches, MM2

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread