06/05/15 SOLID ROLLS!!!

jun808bug

Feb 11, 2014
I found a batch of dimes that I must have missed under my car passenger seat. Went inside a random bank to exchange it, but then I noticed a little old lady with two rolls of coins in front of her that looks very old from a distance. I made sure I went to the same teller the lady was at. Exchanged the dimes, but I also asked for the coins the lady deposited. Found solid rolls of wheaties and mercs. Rubbernecking pays off. Awesome day.
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1433553395.382305.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1433553461.997992.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1433553492.154351.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1433553527.007444.jpg

Upvote 0

Styfflin

Jan 8, 2013
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I SEE A ROSIE! It's the silver dime furthest to the bottom of the image. :)
What an awesome snag. I've never caught old coins being turned in live, and I hope when it does happen it's at a bank where I can buy the coin counter bags which they were dumped into, since banks around here count everything.

mountainman 2

Bronze Member
Aug 9, 2006
Extreme Northern NJ
Detector(s) used
whites classic sl,whites surfmaster,garrett ATX,minelab vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice! Any better dates in the wheats or Mercs?

OP
OP
jun808bug

jun808bug

Feb 11, 2014
OMG! There was a rosie in there! The one and only, LOL. 1955. No key dates. In dimes, there's a very worn 1916. In pennies, the best one is a 1918D. F/VF. Thanks everyone and good luck out there. Keep searching.

TheMastermind

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2012
Pennsy
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Might that have been the person who deposited all of your other epic solid roll scores? Should have asked her if she had any more rolls at home she was willing to sell to you.

Anyway, congrats!

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Sort of same thing happened to me this morning at one of my banks. As I was walking out, in walks an older woman with her mid-20's daughter, each carrying about a shoe-box size of mixed coinage. I had to ask, "is there any old looking coins in there"?, she said "most likely NOT, however her husband has a can full of old coins that we must dispose of since his death some months back.". Needless to say I told her I could look through them if she wanted and give her a fair FV price. She did mention that some of those coins were real big in size like the old silver Morgan's & peace dollars. She asked for my phone #, so maybe I can capture a collection like you did.

FormerTeller

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
Take a VERY close look at the back of the worn 1916 Mercury. Even the hint of a D can make the coin worth hundreds

OP
OP
jun808bug

jun808bug

Feb 11, 2014
Might that have been the person who deposited all of your other epic solid roll scores? Should have asked her if she had any more rolls at home she was willing to sell to you.

Anyway, congrats!

I looked for her after the transaction, but she was nowhere to be found. I was 3-4 person away from her. All I have to do is keep searching. Find more!!! Need my AG fix!

OP
OP
jun808bug

jun808bug

Feb 11, 2014
Sort of same thing happened to me this morning at one of my banks. As I was walking out, in walks an older woman with her mid-20's daughter, each carrying about a shoe-box size of mixed coinage. I had to ask, "is there any old looking coins in there"?, she said "most likely NOT, however her husband has a can full of old coins that we must dispose of since his death some months back.". Needless to say I told her I could look through them if she wanted and give her a fair FV price. She did mention that some of those coins were real big in size like the old silver Morgan's & peace dollars. She asked for my phone #, so maybe I can capture a collection like you did.

Good luck and update us with lots of pics!

Local_coins

Nov 24, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OMG! There was a rosie in there! The one and only, LOL. 1955. No key dates. In dimes, there's a very worn 1916. In pennies, the best one is a 1918D. F/VF. Thanks everyone and good luck out there. Keep searching.

1955 is a key for the Rosie series. Enjoyed the story. Nice hunt!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread