what to do with CANADIANS?????

mnruxpin

May 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
hi, My neighborhood is fillin up with illegal Canadian immigrants. all they do is sit around in their sweaters, call me a hozer, cook back bacon and play hockey all day. they say "beauty day EH?" and "can you beer me now EH!" every time is see them. gggrr. The other day one through a squid on the ice. When will the madness stop!?!?!?! so annoying.....oh sorry that was a dream, but I do have kids size shoe box full of Canadian coins. what do you guys do with your Canadians??? Oh ps my favorite relatives live in Canada so we rip on eachother a lot...good times

Upvote 0

DaytonaRacer

May 21, 2013
NJ
Detector(s) used
BH Tracker IV,
Fisher F22,
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Other
My g/f used to travel to Canada at least once a year on business so I'd give them to her to spend while she was up there. Nowadays they just sit in a jar marked "Canada".

OP
OP
mnruxpin

mnruxpin

May 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
yea i got a few years worth...banks dont want them. I spend some here and there, but dang i rack them up fast

ArkieBassMan

Silver Member
Dec 17, 2009
AR
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Save them to spend when you go to see your favorite relatives.

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have a Canadian Mobile Home park that I deliver to..(Maple Leaf Estates) --I swear I am not making this up... They are called snowbirds, they are here for 4 or 5 months a year... Anyways, when I deliver to a few of the customers in the park, the always pay cash, and always want a receipt...so, in order for my books to balance, I give them the correct change...you should see the look on their face when I drop a looney and a few new Canadian quarters on them.:sign10:

kingskid1611

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2015
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sell them in a yard sale. Kids love em. Or you may find someone fixing to head that way and need some change for the toll road to get there.....

baddbluff

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2011
vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sell them on eBay as a single lot. You will get very close to face value for them. If it's a significant amount, be sure to insure the package.

port ewen ace

Silver Member
Dec 16, 2012
port ewen ny
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT-PRO & Equinox800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
remember the exchange rate is 80%, so a Canada nic is worth 4 cents, dime is 8 cents US, qtr. is worth 20 cents US. sold a lot on Ebay a while back and the buyer found out he took a 20% hit at face value. he was a bit upset, but admitted it was a lesson learned, I also had no idea Canuck coins suck in more than one way, magnetic crapola. since I weigh all rolls before searching I have a pretty good idea on the # of beaver tails in a box of nics., varies from 5 to 12 per box, WHAT A RIPOFF by the carriers!!!!!!!!!!

GlenDronach

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I post them on CL in large lots and usually get 2/3 face value. Not bad. Not good, but not bad.

gordon and tanner

Dec 10, 2009
South East, MI
Detector(s) used
my eyes
Primary Interest:
Other
In my area Detroit, Chase Bank will trade you for face value. I just gave them 4 rolls of Canadian dimes and they gave me $20 US cash. I have traded in Canadian coins twice. They have to be in rolls. It takes a while to collect enough for a roll. The bank we dump at machine takes Canadian pennies.

Keep on Searching
Dad and Tanner

diverrick

Jan 18, 2011
Vacaville, CA
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Minelab Eureka gold
Primary Interest:
Other
Want to piss off the Canadians? Don't stack your firewood in your camp site... just dump it in a pile. OH, that really gets them going good. Other things is leaving your clothes on the line to dry while camping overnight. Not allowed, nor is leaving your grey water pot out after dark. Funny how it works up there. Good things, is they have the best damned bathrooms in the campgrounds. They provide you with free camp fire wood at the campgrounds. We had to dump our California wood out at the border. Bugs apparently. And the place is spotless. You don't see garbage along the roadways like we see here in the US.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread