I was at a local bank today,

Liu21

Dec 14, 2014
Brooklyn, NY
Detector(s) used
AT Pro/BH Platinum, (Garret Pro-Pointer)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
to pick up a box of dimes. I went in and asked the usual teller, may i get a box of dimes please. As usual the teller gets ready to go to the vault. I then hear a voice "Is that Daniel?", I reply with Yes. Now everything is running through my head, Uh oh... what now? etc etc... Then I hear, 'You were the one asking about ordering half dollars right?', I said yeah, I walked over to the CS tables. The manager or who ever she was, said 'I got a 1000$ Bag of half dollars, if you want its yours'. I hesitated a bit, because ive seen someone dumping (counting machine) at this branch before. In the end I bought the bag and took a box of dimes.. I was stoked to get my FIRST BAG!! Got home and went through everything. The Bag yield 5, 40%er, the Dime box a skunk. I was at my favorite TD bank before picking up the bag, and i picked up a 1964 dime from penny's tube. Overall a great day. WIsh everyone good Luck in the Hunt!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

basque-man

Silver Member
Sep 26, 2014
W. Nevada / N. CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus; Minelab E-Trac; Son (Wyatt) uses XP Deus!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any little bit of silver from a bank is a good day!!! Congrats!!

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome! it does sound like a CRH'er dumped on top of some silver though, since TD banks do not fill at $1,000. $900+ of that bag had to be a CRH dump, but the other $100 or so was really nice.

Vdubguy

Jul 31, 2013
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 (current detector)
Garrett Pro Pointer
Garrett AT Pro (first detector, no longer have)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those are the kind of surprises I like hear from tellers. Great job on the bag. Hopefully now they will always think of you when they pull a half dollar bag and hold it until you stop in.

HH

Vdubguy

OP
OP
L

Liu21

Dec 14, 2014
Brooklyn, NY
Detector(s) used
AT Pro/BH Platinum, (Garret Pro-Pointer)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Better get her name......quick........and a treat!!

I know her name, just not really sure what her position is in the bank. The bag yield some interesting finds. There was a silver or chrome plated 1976, and a really nice 1987D. Filled a hole in the Whitman folder. Hopefully they save me bags now. Oh this bank is not a TD bank, it was Northfield. Ive asked about buying bags or ordering half dollars before, but they said no... SO this offering a bag was a really surprise to me.

Chizzy

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2015
North Central PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Vaquero, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know her name, just not really sure what her position is in the bank. The bag yield some interesting finds. There was a silver or chrome plated 1976, and a really nice 1987D. Filled a hole in the Whitman folder. Hopefully they save me bags now. Oh this bank is not a TD bank, it was Northfield. Ive asked about buying bags or ordering half dollars before, but they said no... SO this offering a bag was a really surprise to me.

Good!! You only have to break the ice once................

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread