Question for rerollers

nube250

Aug 5, 2011
IL
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
When you guys are rerolling halves do you make the roll look "new" again or do you just get em in and fold the top back? Do you usually mark them?

The reason I'm asking I've gotten a few boxes recently that looked OK but when I opened the rolls they seamed loose.. So I can't tell if they are repacks or fresh fish..

It happened to me once before but then they sent me a bag instead of boxes. They said the rolling machine broke and the next week I had very tight precise rolls..

Upvote 0

mxh5891

Feb 27, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't do halves..but I re roll all may coins. I just fold the top over. I don't mark anything. I don't understand why somebody would try and roll the end so it looks like a MWR.

Most likely you just got a skunk box from the bank. I have gotten a box of halves once that was a sealed box of rolls that were just folded over the top. You probably got rolls from MWR that were just loose.

ERobertson

Dec 9, 2013
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Whites PRIZM V

GARRETT Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just fold mine.

I do not mark anything, just my way of doing things (less work, more time to search :icon_thumright:)

Iamrussell

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dont mark wrappers its a waste of time - and just fold over the ends- will make your hunting much easier

mnruxpin

May 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
someone at the bank mighta went through your rolls

TroutBumDave

Jan 8, 2015
Northern Utah
Detector(s) used
White's Coin Master 6000/D -- Garrett GTI 2500 -- Etrac
Primary Interest:
Other
I rarely reroll, but when I do, I mark the roll with the month and year. Eg: 615

I do it mostly out of curiosity -- I wonder how long it takes me to get coins that I've already searched. I see marks on the actual coins all the time, but I never mark the coins themselves. Do any of you mark the coins? Is that a no-no?

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
I don't even re-roll halves, I just slice gently down the side, edge search, and place back in box.
That's because one of my CU's will only take rolled coin.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread