wonder what the rest of the box had

norcalsteve

Sep 30, 2013
Petaluma, CA
Detector(s) used
36" Bazooka Prospector, Gold-n-Sand hand dredge
Went into a bank I don't have an account at and asked for halves. The teller said that they had part of a box left but since I do not have an account they will only sell me $100.00. I told her i would take whatever they would sell me. She came back out from the vault with $120.00 and told me that was what was left of the box and I could buy them all.
Out of $120.00 MWR This what I found.
(1) 1944 WL
(1) 1964
(3) 1966
(12) 1967
(20) 1968
(2) 1969
I would have loved to have gotten the other $380.00.

ForumRunner_20150620_222812.png

Upvote 0

basque-man

Silver Member
Sep 26, 2014
W. Nevada / N. CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus; Minelab E-Trac; Son (Wyatt) uses XP Deus!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh man...................Makes ya wonder!! Nice score though!

Iamrussell

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dang- coulda been a dream box
Still congrats

OP
OP
norcalsteve

norcalsteve

Sep 30, 2013
Petaluma, CA
Detector(s) used
Thanks Basque-man & Iamrussell
I think I am going to believe that I was lucky enough to have gotten the only rolls in the box that had silver in them.
My first dream box IS still out there. And I am creeping up on it quickly.

JoseyWales23

Jan 15, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Interesting I wonder what was in there as well. I'd be curious to know when the other $380 was picked up. If a couple days had gone by, surely the other Hunter would have searched his share. Presuming it had similar contents as what you found, you'd think that individual would race back and pick up the remaining half dollars!

OP
OP
norcalsteve

norcalsteve

Sep 30, 2013
Petaluma, CA
Detector(s) used
I don't think it was a CRH that got the rest. This bank I only get to about once a month becouse of how far away they are. They always have some MWR on hand when I go there and they usually only let me buy $100.00 worth.
The rest they have told me they keep on hand for a few business accounts that pick them up a few at a time.
So I am sure the rest were just handed out in change. Or for whatever they use them for not even caring about the silver.
Like what you said if it was a CRH they would have been back asap for them.

baddbluff

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2011
vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome score! If the rest of the box produced the same, the entire box would've had 4 Walkers, 4 64s, and 154 40s. It shoulda been a dream box for sure!

GarouLady

Sep 6, 2012
Michigan
Primary Interest:
Other
I have a really hard time selling 40%s up here. No one will buy them and if they do its very low ball from mostly LCSs and pawn shops. which is why I normally don't go hunting for halves. Congrats on your finds and hope you find more.

Sincerely GarouLady

OP
OP
norcalsteve

norcalsteve

Sep 30, 2013
Petaluma, CA
Detector(s) used
I have a really hard time selling 40%s up here. No one will buy them and if they do its very low ball from mostly LCSs and pawn shops. which is why I normally don't go hunting for halves. Congrats on your finds and hope you find more.

Sincerely GarouLady

Thanks GarouLady
It may be a while before it is worth selling any 40's. In the mean while I will just keep stacking them.
Sending good thoughts your way. Sounds like you have a lot on your plate. Hopefully a large collection dump will find its way to you.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread