Dropping SILVER PRICES !!!!

Iamrussell

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No one but the grand puppett master knows- really i dont ask questions i just buy as much as i can at this steal of a price- just took half my crh funds to put towards ag

Chizzy

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2015
North Central PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Vaquero, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
According to my LCS and other silver dealers in the area.........demand/orders for silver have almost doubled this past week...........

norcalsteve

Sep 30, 2013
Petaluma, CA
Detector(s) used
36" Bazooka Prospector, Gold-n-Sand hand dredge
According to my LCS and other silver dealers in the area.........demand/orders for silver have almost doubled this past week...........

And still the manipulation will continue and the prices will drop.
The theory of supply and demand does not work when you have a few heavy hitters manipulating the price like we have been seeing for a few years now.
I agree with Iamrussell. Now is a great time to buy.
The one (and best) rule of investing that still holds true is "buy low and sell high".

Happy 4TH OF July everyone!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

kingskid1611

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2015
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is almost the same as your gas prices, supply is up and demand down and then BOOM prices rise dramatically. Who know what is really going on

CW3(ret) US Army

Jun 30, 2011
Downstate New York
Detector(s) used
White Spectra V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What's the reason now for silver prices to keep dropping? Is it global economics (Greece), or far east (China/Japan) forcing the downturn in AG pricing?

:coffee2: Some pundits will say it's due to the US dollar being so strong. When the dollar is strong, pm prices will be lower, when the dollar is weak. pm prices will rise. Good example is the financial crisis from 2008-2012. I personally don't understand why the US dollar is so strong when it's backed by nothing & the US economy is still very weak.
HH
Gary

LooseChange

Sep 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you exclude 1975-1985 and 2005-201x, the price of silver has always been under $10 in terms of today's dollar. Inflation aside, I believe it will go there again and I do not believe that now is a buy-to-hold opportunity (unless you are buying at face value).
Historical Silver Prices - 100 Year Chart | MacroTrends

Attachments

• Silver Price - Adjusted for Inflation.jpg
    Silver Price - Adjusted for Inflation.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 123

foofighters

Nov 7, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The US dollar is backed by the US military.

Our economy is still weak but whose is better?

Pete_Iredale

Jul 1, 2015
SW Washington
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree with LooseChange. I think prices will keep dropping back to their historic norms, unless some outside factor comes into play.

Avago

Jun 26, 2014
The 2nd State
Primary Interest:
Other
Normalization to historical values isn't a cause... it's the result.

Decrease in demand from safe-haven investing due to the US' "improving economy" could be (and is likely) a cause. Weaker industrial demand could be a cause (i.e. China slowing down; however I could see this being offset by increased global industrial demand from the exponential growth of solar panel manufacturing) and so could overproduction from mining operations (latter is likely not a cause today.)

Those two seem to be the major drivers of silver price, supply vs. demand from mining vs. industry and investing.

basque-man

Silver Member
Sep 26, 2014
W. Nevada / N. CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus; Minelab E-Trac; Son (Wyatt) uses XP Deus!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Of course its dropping cause we just ordered some more...........:BangHead: That's ok. Were buying!!!!!!!!!!!!!

47thelement

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2009
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excal, ACE 250 for my son
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have found more collections when ag is low. My theory is, people are lazy and if they Want to haggle with a dealer over the 100 ag coins and The dealer dealer gives them $75. It is easier to turn those 100 coins in at the bank and walk with $50.

and before somebody alert the greyhound bus line, I made up the numbers. I couldn't tell you what ag spot is right now

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
I knew I should have ordered last week, low $15's would have been cheaper than the high $14's right now...premiums doubling -

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread