Coinstar find

Numismaniac

Bronze Member
Apr 1, 2010
I've been busy, so no posts in a while, but had to share my first Coinstar silver that wasn't a dime. Was on a trip with my wife and kid when we stopped at Walmart to get a drink. As usual I checked the coinstar reject slot. Saw a bunch of coins in there. Grabbed them and got what you see in the pic. I've found about 20 silver dimes in coinstar over past few years, but this is my first half.

HH

Attachments

• 1436132489073.jpg
    1436132489073.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 273

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sweet. I never find anything in the coin star machines at the local Walmart's. Congrats on the nice finds.

Greastart

Bronze Member
Dec 29, 2014
Far North Corner of CA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT Pro and a Garrett Carrot
Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Other
And it's from the better half of that century! I still haven't found any silver in a coinstar.

gilgar

Mar 18, 2009
A Little South of Heaven
Detector(s) used
Garrett Treasure Ace 300
Sweet! I can't imagine anyone would leave that behind unless they thought it was a foreign coin or something :icon_scratch: . I've found 3 or 4 silver dimes in coinstars plus lots of pennies and foreign coins. I still can't figure out why people leave a bunch of change in the reject. Do they not know it's there? Are they thinking it didn't get cashed so it's worthless to them? go figure.

And a tip, if you check the coinstar on your way in, make sure to check it on your way out too. My last couple of finds (including my last silver dime) were only there on my way out. someone cashed in while I was shopping

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is rally cool! Usually I read about people getting a silver dime from the coinstar, but you got a walker! Nice job, and thanks for sharing.

toorude89

Jul 2, 2012
East Coast
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, AT Pro, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sweet, I have found 2 dimes in the past 2 weeks. I have found a quarter once or twice and dimes most of the time. Couldn't imagine someone leaving a half behind. Nice pull. HH!

UnderMiner

Silver Member
Jul 27, 2014
New York City
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow! Never figured a Walking Liberty could be found in a coin star! Congrats :thumbsup:

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yup , that's gotta be a first posted up here - How unusual that someone wouldn't hear that thing ringing out across the land .
( I found a 1921 Morgan Dollar stuck in the bottom of a coin counter - under the rotater wheel at a Credit Union in NM.)

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SWEET!
All Dimes for me as well a CS Machines for me as well , oh also Steel Cents & a VF 1940 Wheat Cent Yesterday.

A Walker in a CS is def, a Rare Occurrence .
Congratz
Davers

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread