The Shark is still Feeding

minkybodl

Aug 19, 2011
This week at Chase, Kay told me that she had opened my box and it was OK. I told her she didn't have to do that but she said she wanted to check them all and that it was a good thing she had because, in both of the other boxes all the rolls had been sliced. One box had 4 or 5 replaced wrapper rolls. As I was picking up the box of halves, I noticed that there was different Loomis tape around the center of the box instead of just at the ends. The rolls were OK, but a skunk.

My PNC pick-up looked OK except for having extra Loomis tape around the middle. Kelly also told me that the other Teller had 35 dollars in halves for me if I wanted them. When I saw the silver rims in the loose halves, I gladly pocketed them and gave them the box of candy I had brought. When I opened my box at home it was filled with black and white, instead of yellow, square box wrappers and everyone had been sliced down the side. I will open and rewrap or coinlock them but, this does suck.

The loose ones had 8-40%'s out of 10 and 1 roll out of 3 was solid 40%'s so all and all not too bad for the week. My dime box gave up a 64 and a 56D.

I hope the cut wrappers problem gets fixed by next week.

Upvote 0

Liu21

Dec 14, 2014
Brooklyn, NY
Detector(s) used
AT Pro/BH Platinum, (Garret Pro-Pointer)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I do think if you stop for a few week, the shark would stop his dumping practice. Because when the courier brings back his re-rolled boxes he will have to find an alternate means of dumping.

Iamrussell

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I do think if you stop for a few week, the shark would stop his dumping practice. Because when the courier brings back his re-rolled boxes he will have to find an alternate means of dumping.

That was gonna be my advice-may e take a few weeks break and see if anything changes

OP
OP
M

minkybodl

Aug 19, 2011
I don't see how my 2 box pickup from different banks could or would affect someone doing what is being done. If the boxes are still bad next week, I will open another account and try to get Brinks halves, what he picks-up, at a completely different bank. I have seen both kinds of boxes but they are always the black and white wrappers. I don't want to lose any of my good old pickup banks but adding a couple of extra ones might be a good thing. Maybe get another dump bank even though my one now has over 10 branches nearby that I rotate through.

Thanks for the suggestions but I think getting them from where he isn't will work better than me stopping and hope he goes away. I don't think he stops until someone takes his blade away.

weighit

Feb 17, 2007
Northern Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX with a Big Foot coil
Gold Bug 2
You don't say where you are, but is it possible someone out of your area, like a bigger city close by is the culprit? Here in the area I'm at Phoenix is where all the coins come from and that takes in a pretty huge area. Only 1 time in the past 6 years I've been hunting have I got a box with re-rolled coins, and i even found 1 40% in those he missed.

OP
OP
M

minkybodl

Aug 19, 2011
West coast Fl and yes I think it could be someone anywhere. I don't think he is connected to my two pickup banks besides the armour car that is bringing the boxes to them. The two different banks branches are far enough away from each other and they are not getting my coin boxes on the same day so I think it is being done on a fairly large scale. I'm going to check the box today that I got yesterday to see if he missed anything or proofs and 87's. I always date check everything I get. GL and HH

Not a thing in that box.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread