My first large quantity of pennies - some wheats

johnnyv123

Jun 30, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello all,

Today I got my first (relatively) large amount of pennies. Because I ran out of half dollar rolls (the paper rolls) after rolling only $60 worth, I headed down to the bank to get some more paper rolls. While I was at the bank, I decided to get $60 of pennies. I ended up with around 34 wheat pennies, and a few strangely colored 1970 (+/- a couple of years) pennies (some were very orange).

My oldest wheat was a 1930, with a lot of wheats from the 1950s and good bit from the 1940s as well. I will post some pictures in the morning, none of them were in uncirculated condition, but some very fairly nice.

After reading the general find rate was around 10 wheats per $25 (reading some of gman00001s logs), I was expecting around 25 wheat pennies, so my extra 9 wheats were a nice surprise.

If you read my post from a couple of days ago, I actually found a 1909 wheat penny as the first wheat I ever found CRHing.

I'm gonna travel a little further tomorrow to get to a bank that has a coin rolling machine, which I can use free of charge, so I can dump my 6,000 pennies.

I'll probably get some halves tomorrow, I'm hoping for some silver!

Thanks,

John

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread