Not a dream box, but something like that...

TroutBumDave

Jan 8, 2015
Northern Utah
Detector(s) used
White's Coin Master 6000/D -- Garrett GTI 2500 -- Etrac
Primary Interest:
Other
I got a call from a teller that I met about six months ago. I buy CWR's from him all the time, and they love selling them to me, even though I don't bank there. I take them cold drinks on occasion, and even see some of them around town and we stop and chit chat. The moral? Make relationships with your tellers, because it pays off!

When he called he said that some dude just cashed in his dead uncles coin collection, and that I better hurry up and get down there because some other guy already bought some of it and was coming back for the rest. I flew down there and bought everything that was left and took it home to show my daughter -- there were rolls of halves, nickels, dimes, and pennies, with one of the half rolls showing a Walker ender. I fired up my iPhone video camera and filmed her opening the rolls. (Trying to put it on YouTube, but for some jack hole reason, only 2:35 of the 21:00 video,will upload -- any YouTube experts on here that can help?)

Long story short, we got tons of cool stuff! Our first Walker, first Ben, first Mercury, over 150 wheat cents, which included a 1909 VDB (no S, still amazing), and two of our first Indian Head cents.

Here is our total silver for the year, not counting the new stuff:

image.jpg

Here is our total after the score:

image.jpg

Here is one of the Indian Head's (both were 1891):

image.jpg

And here's our VDB:

image.jpg

As you can see, we pretty much doubled our silver for the year and picked up a whole slew of new coins that we hadn't found before. What an awesome experience it was to watch my daughter go through all the rolls and freak out every time something cool popped out. I'm so glad I found this forum and thankful for all the good people who generously give of their time and advice. You all are awesome!

Upvote 0

Iamrussell

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Makes ya wonder what the other guy got?
Definitely shows how far a good teller relationship can go :)
Congrats

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Having good connections is great, you were in the right place at the right time. Congratulations!

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Great score. It's like Xmas in July. Wouldn't it be nice to find something like that at least ONCE A MONTH?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread