New CRH First two Half Boxes

urabus2005

Tenderfoot
Jul 29, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Treasurenet members!!!

I have been metal detecting for about 2 months and decided i would try crh as well. Frankly i decided to try crh cause it is to dam hot outside to be digging hole( at least for my out of shape self)
I ordered two boxes one from wells fargo and one from Bank of america.

The first box i searched was the wells fargo box I found 2 proof coins and 1 40% ken ( see pic below)

20150729_184334 (1).jpg

Honestly i enjoyed it but it did take alot of time for the amount fo reward and i told myself if the second box was about the same it would probably be my last.

So i just finished going through my second box and i am stoked with my results. 1 Proof, 8 40% kens and 3 90% kens. ( see below)

20150729_183910.jpg

Needless to say i am supper happy with the second box and plan on getting some more from BOA.

See you guys around,

Chris

Upvote 0

Iamrussell

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dont expect this every time- most boxes contain absolutely ZERO keepers- you got beginners lucks for sure (unless youre in an area that doesn't have many CRH and have ple ty if people dumping silver into the system-
Congrats on the finds

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beginner's luck for sure! Happens to all of us. I hope you find many more!

weighit

Feb 17, 2007
Northern Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX with a Big Foot coil
Gold Bug 2
How cool is that? Your hooked now, but get ready for many boxes that will just keep you busy and not have a lick of keepers. Happens most of the time, many many dud boxes and then a good one. I too still detect, in between the boxes I get weekly but box hunting to me is more fun.

OP
OP
U

urabus2005

Tenderfoot
Jul 29, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well Hopefully i can stay a beginner for a long time and continue this good luck =)

I did also find this cool looking Panama coin in one of the rolls

20150729_222518.jpg

found this website that talks a little bit about it. Medio Balboa (Discovery of the Pacific Ocean) - Panama - Numista

I dont have much interest in panama coins but i think ill let this one stay in my collection.

Zomotion

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2013
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, coinmaster Gt Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great start! You just found more silver coins in two boxes of halves than you will metal detecting for months.

The fun is in the hunt tho and I am always way more excited about digging up old coins than finding them crh.

Greastart

Bronze Member
Dec 29, 2014
Far North Corner of CA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT Pro and a Garrett Carrot
Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Other
If you're in it to make money, listen to Dave Ramsey and get a side job delivering pizzas.
If you're here for the fun of hunting, well....
Remember that it's a game of chance and luck. It's like fishing; the more you fish, the more likely you'll actually catch a fish.

port ewen ace

Silver Member
Dec 16, 2012
port ewen ny
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT-PRO & Equinox800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have 3 accounts with B of A and they want $5 for every box ordered--- total boxes ordered from them =ZERO. consider yourself lucky at both ends!! picking up 2 half boxes Friday from M&T bank, fee= ZERO

OP
OP
U

urabus2005

Tenderfoot
Jul 29, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have 3 accounts with B of A and they want $5 for every box ordered--- total boxes ordered from them =ZERO. consider yourself lucky at both ends!! picking up 2 half boxes Friday from M&T bank, fee= ZERO

oh wow i hope they dont start doing that to me. I dont even have an account with them. I make all the deposits for the company i work for and deposit about $10,000 every week with them so maybe they will let the $5 fee wave.

OP
OP
U

urabus2005

Tenderfoot
Jul 29, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Finished two more boxes, both skunked. =\

Last edited:

mercury1

Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2012
New York
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Urabus, congrats on your finds. Keep in mind, if you keep hunting you will get faster and more efficient at it. It won't seem like so much work. There will be skunks for sure, but if you keep at it, the silver will keep coming. Metal detecting is fun but you can't even come close to the silver you will find roll hunting. If banks want to charge a fee, find another bank. Gasoline and my time is all I'm willing to pay.

StevoCBR

Apr 19, 2010
Detector(s) used
a piece, fisher f75
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey congrats....but seriously why is it that every first time CRHer has a nice box or 2 first time out?????

Its a mirage lol, best of luck:thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread