How do you get your coin rolls

Rick624

Sep 8, 2014
Eastern Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO, Old Whites 6000, Garrett PP
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Build a relationship with the banks in your area, buy by the box, and all customer wrapped rolls you can find. Tellers in my area have no space in their trays for halves, or Ike's they love to get rid of them, unless they are aware of the silver then it's boxes. One of my banks was not ordering boxes for me, I started buying all their Customer wrapped pennies, nickels, and dimes (most have been picked over but sometimes I score) Since I was saving them money they relented and now order boxes of halves whenever I want them. Good luck and Happy Hunting.

mercury1

Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2012
New York
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Cheech, what I do is recycle my coins. I have three banks that order me boxes. Usually I dump my nicks in a machine but my two boxes of dimes and one box of quarters I roll. I have trays just like the bank does and after marking my rolls I take them around to banks and trade them for unmarked rolls. Also if I get a solid box of new coins, I mark them as well, so I don't get them back. I usually recycle the coins two or three times before I dump them to pay for next weeks boxes. I started doing this when banks refused to sell me rolls because they would cut themselves short. Coin roll hunting is about solving whatever issue banks may have so that I can get what I want from them.

MakingMemories

Jul 31, 2015
Pembroke Pines
Detector(s) used
Whites 4900D, Whites 5900D, Whites 6000Di, Whites Eagle II SL, Minelab Exterra 305, Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks for the tips, I started CRH today for the first time with a box of pennies. I have to say it is so much fun, I need to move onto dimes ad quarters soon. I found a total of 10 Wheaties from the 40-50s, a few S Mints so far.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread