vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal_detector.gif
Well, according to the news - Gold and Silver Gained Almost 2% While Stocks Drop Over 2%!

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
World economy will let the market flounder, while at the same time fall back and trust PM ( gold, silver, etc ) to continue to rise to higher levels than ever before.

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Gold below where it closed on Friday. Silver going no where.
Seems 'the money' fled to bonds (up 2%) and not to PMs.
World has to now adjust to a New Normal--with China back to little growth--and the affect that will have on the rest of the world.
Don.....

Avago

Jun 26, 2014
The 2nd State
Primary Interest:
Other
Uncertainty in China seems to be causing the market turmoil in the last week... as China is the second largest consumer of silver (behind the US), their industrial demand for it is going to decrease pushing prices lower.

Any safe-haven investing in the US will likely not be enough to counter weak Chinese industrial demand.

StevoCBR

Apr 19, 2010
Detector(s) used
a piece, fisher f75
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
With stocks dropping the last two days, what does everyone think it will do to the gold and silver price?

Personally the downturn is just getting caught up in the selloff. I think we were starting to see a bit of a warm up of metals and think this will only strengthen popularity. But in the words of Joseph Stalin.....It doesn't matter who is voting, but who is counting the votes. This is all artificial...................

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
market will rebound, metals won't skyrocket anytime soon

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
My crystal ball gaze..../reserved, don't bet on me opinion.

China ain't goin nowhere. It will continue to chug along.
How long since we were on a rising wallstreet for this long? A bump was due. China getting the blame but their holding physical themselves too. Maybe a lot! Enough even to have a specie standard if desired. Maybe, at least for certain transactions if desired. They are also a trade partner with at least one country with lots of physical gold,gas and oil (not us.)
Their environment been due to implode too, but they just keep going, and going,and going...
They should steady out again in their market. Depends on their response.

Wallstreet if following tradition(which it seems to try to avoid) has not gone on a seven year climb very often lately. Once in recent history?
A diversified portfolio involves over seas investments.
When one country flounders ,what is held in others may not.
Buy low, sell high but also buy for long term like Buffet.
The market saw a drop by panicky investors willing to loose by selling out of fear of losing more short term.. Nothing odd there. Short timers playing a money game they must by whatever means loose at. Spin that wheel!
They may very well start buying when things are good(and cost more) again rather than buy at low or near lows. History reflects that right?
I did not look to see if China has been selling off American holdings, but doubt they are much.
The recent historic trend, (if a trend) was slight ups in P.M.'s when market sagged and slight dips when market gained but not great swings as we been able to see recently.
A country we want to do business with goes to a gold standard, (however unlikely), gold would mean more to some,silver reflecting it's brotherly status as well.
OOooo the ball is getting too hazy now...
L.o.l.
Breathe in and out....a cold piece of silver on your forehead might help.

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've heard every excuse in the world over the past two weeks. Now the "experts" are saying it's a correction they've been "expecting". I don't buy it. I personally think the economy is going to go downhill again. I hope not, but after all, we never had a recovery to begin with. Washington might claim we did, but tell that to the over 90 million still out of work. The stimulus was nothing but an excuse to spend money on pet projects.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The sky is falling, the sky is falling!...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread