AugustMoose87

Sep 10, 2014
Longmont, CO
Detector(s) used
Gold Pan, Sluice, Hand Dredge, X-Terra 30, X-Terra 705, Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Random Thoughts while CRH'ing

Just wanted to see if I'm the only weirdo out there, or if I have some companions on this short bus.

First, I assume there is some amount of cross-over in treasure hunting, but as both a detector and a CRH'r I always get a little kick out of coming across a coin you just know another detector dug up. I say a little "nice save buddy" to them (well, really just to my self).

The second is likely the result of my mild OCD. It starts with me counting how many coins are heads or tail in a row. Then I start doing the math and thinking about the probabilities involved, and it ends with me going back and forth between low probabilities being a sign if fortunes to come, or the only "rare" thing I will find. And ultimately I just start to tell myself the two aren't related, the counting of another string of heads of tails starts.

So how about you? Anyone share these thoughts or have any other interesting ones while CRH'ing?

Upvote 0

Pete_Iredale

Jul 1, 2015
SW Washington
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It starts with me counting how many coins are heads or tail in a row. Then I start doing the math and thinking about the probabilities involved, and it ends with me going back and forth between low probabilities being a sign if fortunes to come, or the only "rare" thing I will find.

This sounds a lot like what I do when I'm running. Constantly converting KM to miles and back, figuring out my pace, and then calculating what my pace will have to be for the rest of the run to achieve a certain milestone. Brains are weird.

Chizzy

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2015
North Central PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Vaquero, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My OCD problem is stacking........we have no coin machines at our local banks, so I have to re-roll. I always make sure there are nice coins on the tops and bottoms of my stacks of each ten coins before wrapping. The thought of a teller finding a cruddy, verdigris encrusted coin as the the first one seen or dropped from the wrapper is.........:censored: unacceptable!!!!!

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread