Been A While

jethro1469

Mar 18, 2009
East Coast
I hadn't bought any boxes for over 2 years, felt the "itch" and stopped in to my main bank to order some halves. The teller said that they don't order coins for customers any more. I asked how a customer could obtain coins. She didn't know. Almost all my old "regular" people aren't there any more. Checked with a manager I knew and she said that a lot of new policies have been enacted and non commercial customers can't buy boxes. Didn't press the issue for now but will try again in the near future when I have more time to "turn on the charm."

Upvote 0

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sadly this is what the hobby has come to. It is very hard to get and keep a great bank nowadays.

weighit

Feb 17, 2007
Northern Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX with a Big Foot coil
Gold Bug 2
Funny thing is 1 branch of the 4 in the town I'm in will not order, she said corporate rules. I asked why just one branch and I got the two shoulder shrug. So I get my boxes from the others and just keep hunting.

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It all has to do with the management, whether it is the branch manager, or the vault/head teller. Each bank is different and some tolerate more than others. If you find a good bank that treats you well, make sure you treat them well too.
Funny thing is 1 branch of the 4 in the town I'm in will not order, she said corporate rules. I asked why just one branch and I got the two shoulder shrug. So I get my boxes from the others and just keep hunting.

Vdubguy

Jul 31, 2013
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 (current detector)
Garrett Pro Pointer
Garrett AT Pro (first detector, no longer have)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hadn't bought any boxes for over 2 years, felt the "itch" and stopped in to my main bank to order some halves. The teller said that they don't order coins for customers any more. I asked how a customer could obtain coins. She didn't know. Almost all my old "regular" people aren't there any more. Checked with a manager I knew and she said that a lot of new policies have been enacted and non commercial customers can't buy boxes. Didn't press the issue for now but will try again in the near future when I have more time to "turn on the charm."

Sounds like PNC bank. They put a stop to half hunting in my area. I recently moved back to my hunting grounds and can't order a box of halves anywhere. Someone must have been CRHing the wrong way or something.

Chizzy

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2015
North Central PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Vaquero, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like PNC bank. They put a stop to half hunting in my area. I recently moved back to my hunting grounds and can't order a box of halves anywhere. Someone must have been CRHing the wrong way or something.

I found the same thing with my local PNC.........my accounts have been migrating ever since, although I will maintain one for "dump" purposes.............

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
If you can't order halves might as well switch to dimes. Second biggest silver producer.
I never had a problem sweeping up several thousand dollars worth of customer-wrapped dimes between several banks every month, and they never failed with consistent finds. The banks were happy for me to take them off their hands.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions