Hooked

puckhead

Apr 28, 2007
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500
Sorry to those of you who have been at this awhile, but I am now hooked on CRH for halves. First the MD bug got me and after reading just about everything on this forum I went out and was able to find $270 in halves at 8 different banks and credit unions. I managed to pull 3-67, 2-68 and 1-69. I am picking up $300 tomorrow and a $500 box next week from my credit union. They looked at me like I was crazy at each place, but after explaining that I was putting together books for some relatives ;) everyone thought it was cool. Once I bring in the leftovers they may not like it any more. Oh well.

I told my dad about this and he laughed. He said he was doing this back in the 60s and there was so much he couldn't keep it all. HH all.

Upvote 0

LJ

Silver Member
Dec 23, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well jump on in here PH.....glad you joined in! I wish you all the luck with your new hobby. As you know these silver halves are a limited supply so get em while you can.....

There is a tool that is real important in this hobby......a camera! Pictures of those finds please.......ha!

BTW - I can help you get that hook out of your lip...lol.

Good luck PH and keep us posted.

fiatboy

Bronze Member
Jan 28, 2007
Welcome and good luck! The silver is out there just waiting for someone to find it!

rayzhell

May 9, 2007
watseka, il
Welcome Puck. I know the feeling. I've been at it for 3 weeks now, and although I still haven't found a bank that will order half dollars for me and the kids, we run through at least a box of nickels and cents every other day. We work on filling Harris books. It's some great quality time for us. Keep at it you never know were the next big score is. In my first run for half dollars I hit 9 banks and came out with 400.00 in halves 129 40%, 1 90% and a franklin. Not to mention 3 war nickels, a buffalo, 5 silver dimes, and a few rolls worth of wheat. It's out there you just have to keep looking.happy Hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread