Honeymoon Silver!

onecvj

Jan 24, 2007
My wife and I just got back from our honeymoon in Miami Beach. No we didn't take a CRH honeymoon, but did pass by one bank and couldn't help ourselves. We asked for halves and they had $7.50 worth which included a 1964 and a 1968! The best part actually came when I checked my pockets back at the hotel room and found one of the quarters the teller gave me in change was a 1956! First ever silver quarter in circulation for us! And we did have a nice honeymoon.

We hadn't gone hunting for several weeks, but that little adventure got the juices flowing so when we got back we took a trip to some local banks and a nearby small town. The first was the best, they had $40 in halves 10 loose and 3 rolls. When we got the rolls to the car my wife says "these all have writing on them, 1968, 1967..." Well sure enough all three rolls were SOLID SILVER! We hit a few more banks during the afternoon and our totals for the day were:
2 1964
2 1966
32 1967
31 1968
11 1969

78 total keepers!

Upvote 0

LJ

Silver Member
Dec 23, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First congrats to both of you on the marriage!! Hope many many years for you two.

That total is great. The excitement of those full rolls of silver are unreal...you have me pumped waiting on Tuesday.

Kudos on the silver.

snappy

Jan 23, 2007
sidney montana
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Well I hope you find out something better to do on a honeymoon then CRH.. Yes finding silver is nice but there is something you could/should be doing that is better.

scotto

Bronze Member
Dec 23, 2006
My first M/D find
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Congrats on getting married!

Glad you got to do some CRHing too, we never left the room on our honeymoon. ;D

coincollector101

May 8, 2007
Congrats and good luck with your Marrage.
I Told My Girl Friend were Going CRH on our HoneyMoon lol.
Shes Been tryin to Find Her Peice of Silver Not anyluck so far.
Hopefully when we get together the Silver God Shines on Us.

Phillip_in_NM

Jul 15, 2006
Land of Enchantment
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, White's M6, Nokta Legend, Minelab Equinox 800, Nokta Simplex+
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wow! Just love those all silver rolls - wish they came along more often.

Congrats on both the honeymoon and the silver!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions