Not just one but 2..

Avago

Jun 26, 2014
The 2nd State
Primary Interest:
Other
Hi Oquario. Boxes aren't tied specifically to one bank chain.

Coins are packaged (wrapped, rolled, and boxed) at a money room or other processing facility and then driven to the banks by an armored car company (Brinks, Dunbar, Garda, etc). Banks might not necessarily use the same combination of processing facilities and armored car companies at every single location.

The only trend you might see is between BOAs in your immediate area since they will likely use the same money room between them. Beyond that, money rooms, armored delivery services, and banks are mixed and matched so it's virtually impossible to determine trends across the same banks unless you can confirm which boxes come from what specific source.

For example, the design of the boxes or codes unique to the source coin processor can tip you off. Many a CRHer hour has been spent trying to reason out the whys for the ebbing and flowing of the silver.

To sum it up, chance plays more of a role than reason. Good luck! :thumbsup:

Last edited:
OP
OP
Oquario79

Oquario79

Sep 5, 2015
NC/SC Border
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Update.... went thru both boxes and skunked.. they go back to bank 2moro... Next week a new week. Happy Hunting....

weighit

Feb 17, 2007
Northern Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX with a Big Foot coil
Gold Bug 2
same branch different city... other to a bank with coin machine.. I'm learning something new everyday...

I use two different banks, one to get the boxes, one to drop off the coins so I can get my $1,000 back to buy the boxes the next week. Both banks use different coin delivery services and lessens the chance of me getting the same coins back. I've done this now for about 7 years. Yes I had to open and maintain two different accounts, but that is the way I made it work. When i travel since I have an account in those banks i can still get them to order for me and still dump the coins without hassle.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions