Just MADE MY DAY !!!!!!!!

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Went around to my various banks to do my dime dumps and pickups Saturday morning. At one bank started making conversation with a male teller telling him that I have not found anything strange or very unique so far this year. He proceeds to turn around to his drive-up window drawer and pulls out a very large coin and says "would you like this large strange coin". Upon seeing it, I couldn't contain the smile on my face, so I immediately put my head down to look closer at the coin. I asked him how much he wanted for it, he said just a dollar. Turns out to be an 1988 American Silver Eagle, worn but yet very desirable by any CRH. Took my 3 boxes of dimes and ran out of there in a hurry, with a BIG GRIN on my face. I'd take that kind of find anyway of the week. Sorry no pics, just a grin & a smile.
Ironically, he was just telling me of a recent situation where a customer was dumping coins in the self-serve coin counting machine a large quantity of coins, including half dollars and got it jammed. When he came over to assist & fix he noticed that most of the halves that were jammed were older Bens & Walkers, and proceeded to buy the remainder from the customer before more jam ups. He said he bought the last $4.50 of halves from him at FV. He thought he made a great deal, but yet he let's an ASE slip into my hands. GO FIGURE ???

Upvote 0

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
I'd say you won't be seeing any more ASE's from this teller again after you jumped on it!

OP
OP
Dozer D

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Pics to prove it.......
For those who don't believe me, here's the obv & reverse pics. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1442762201.164347.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1442762236.056193.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread