To be or not to be

Oquario79

Sep 5, 2015
NC/SC Border
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
On Friday stopped at a bank (credit union) that over the phone I was told they had halves and no need to be a member. When I get there I was told I had to be a member so they can track that cash transaction. Curiosity hit so I asked how much in halves they had. Teller responds $680. So here is my question. Has anyone else had similar experience and if so how was that handled. I already bank with 2 different branches. Not really interested in opening acct but 680 in halves is tempting.

Upvote 0

boristhespider88

Bronze Member
May 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
On Friday stopped at a bank (credit union) that over the phone I was told they had halves and no need to be a member. When I get there I was told I had to be a member so they can track that cash transaction. Curiosity hit so I asked how much in halves they had. Teller responds $680. So here is my question. Has anyone else had similar experience and if so how was that handled. I already bank with 2 different branches. Not really interested in opening acct but 680 in halves is tempting.

In my area CUs will NOT deal with you unless you have an account with them.

OP
OP
Oquario79

Oquario79

Sep 5, 2015
NC/SC Border
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some CU's have and others tell me over the phone members only. I was just curious on how other members have handled this scenario..

OP
OP
Oquario79

Oquario79

Sep 5, 2015
NC/SC Border
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've even had where one branch will same members only but sister branch across town has allowed me....

OP
OP
Oquario79

Oquario79

Sep 5, 2015
NC/SC Border
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just take that as a learning curve and don't stop or call that bank..

boristhespider88

Bronze Member
May 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
It really just depends on who you deal with and who is making the rules at each branch.

norcalsteve

Sep 30, 2013
Petaluma, CA
Detector(s) used
36" Bazooka Prospector, Gold-n-Sand hand dredge
Every bank branch is different. I have some bank branches that will not sell me coins becouse I do not have an account and a mile away the same bank different branch they save their halves for me and love it when I take them off their hands. You just got to learn who will and who won't within your hunting grounds. Good luck

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions