First time dumping to Coinstar - I checked reject tray first

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Just what the heck a United Arab Emirates 1 dirham was doing in this remote isolated place can only be explained by a returning Veteran...

Image17.jpg Image18.jpg

Used my relatively new Celestron Handheld Digital Microscope for the pics - Good pics, but flimsy stand.

OP
OP
DeepseekerADS

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
metal_detector.gif
Neat (Microscope works great) - you better start a log - here is mine! CoinStar Surfing Log...

After taking the pictures fighting with the stand while doing so, I tried to stabilize the stand - popped apart, pain to put back together. While taking the pics, I had to elevate the stand to get the entire coin in using books, etc. And then hold the danged thing steady while hitting the button to snap the pics. Works great, but wish it were stable.

It's Celestron Model #44302-B purchased off Azon for around $30 if I remember correctly.

There's only one Coinstar probably in the entire county here! It's by the magazine rack in the grocery store, and I'd looked in the reject tray before - this was the first time I found anything. I could likely keep a log on a sticky note and never fill it out completely :)

That's life in the backwoods!

Last edited:

Pete_Iredale

Jul 1, 2015
SW Washington
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My guess would be Navy. We pulled in to the UAE 3 times on one freaking deployment. I probably have around 30 of those at home still.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread