Anyone get Coin Lok bags instead of boxes?

bensonsaidso

Tenderfoot
Sep 2, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My bank orders $1000 in halves for me once a week but they come in CoinLok bags instead of boxes. This is my 3rd week getting skunked on them so I ask, has anyone had any luck with these? I know $3k isn't a large enough sample to make any sort of conclusion from, however I hear people sometimes deposit their dumps in CoinLok bags so I'm thinking my bank may be ordering someone's dumps for me. Any input would be appreciated.

Upvote 0

port ewen ace

Silver Member
Dec 16, 2012
port ewen ny
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT-PRO & Equinox800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
likely from coin machines that reject silver. my CU sold me a bag of $160 in nickels due to a machine malfunction. it had some clad dimes, qtrs., and pennies, plus the usual Buffs & war nics. buy boxes & cwr halves-- much better chance of AG. bags are great for taking your dumps to a machine--3 years and they still hold together!!!

foofighters

Nov 7, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I get $1000 coin lok bags of halves from a pickup bank whenever I want. My luck with them has been okay. Have had more skunk bags than bags with keepers.

I'd keep trying them, like you said 3 isnt a big enough sample.

Do the bags come with labels on them. The ones I get have a label that say which bank(not branch though) they come from and what date.

I have had good luck with the 1000 dime bags I get from them.

OP
OP
B

bensonsaidso

Tenderfoot
Sep 2, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sometimes it'll say what bank the came from but usually only has the amount ($500) written on it. Thus far this is the only bank that will order halves for me so I'm gonna hang in there while looking for another.

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sometimes it'll say what bank the came from but usually only has the amount ($500) written on it. Thus far this is the only bank that will order halves for me so I'm gonna hang in there while looking for another.

An indication that it may be a dump would be if it says something along the lines of "bag 1 of X", so keep an eye out for that on the label. If it's bag 1 of 2 or more, it's almost hands down a crh dump.

Greastart

Bronze Member
Dec 29, 2014
Far North Corner of CA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT Pro and a Garrett Carrot
Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Other
I use coinlock bags for dumps. Just me. Some banks give them to me, for others I have to buy them. But, beats the snot outta re-rolling.

Good Luck

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
I was buying bags of coin directly from the banks before they shipped them out. None of these came from coin counters, and usually they were full rolls of coin. Some were bags full of loose coin.

OP
OP
B

bensonsaidso

Tenderfoot
Sep 2, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Every bag I've gotten has been full of loose coins.

foofighters

Nov 7, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The bank I get my bags of halves from rolls their own coin they get in bags like the ones they sell me.

Before I started ordering bags there I'd get rolled coins from them. Best I did was 104 keepers out of $310 in rolled coin. I'd really like to have seen the bag that find came from.

Maverick had a pretty big score a while back from bagged coins he gets.

I do just okay on the bags but I keep going back cause I want to hit a collection dump

mark1982

Mar 24, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Most bags will be skunks because they are usually CRH dumps , but I think if you are going to hit it big like 100 plus silvers your best shot is a bag.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread