Post your bucket list!

Spartcom5

Feb 2, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Curious on what some of you guys have on your bucket lists? Also, whats your best find you've crossed off that list?

Find barber/seated half, Find quarter older than 1932, Find solid roll of dimes/quarters, Find coin older than 1900, Find a Morgan/ASE dollar, Find 1909 S / S VDB penny, Find gold!

My best thing I have crossed off was my full roll of walkers and franklins.... Or my 1922 peace dollar!

Upvote 0

ArkieBassMan

Silver Member
Dec 17, 2009
AR
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Stone Mountain half and a Barber half were/are the top things on my "realistic expectation to find" bucket list from CRH. Still haven't found either, but I'm not hunting too hard these days. I never have found any single spectacular coin through CRH.

It goes without saying that of course I'd rather find gold coin(s) and ultra-rare dates and the like, but that just isn't realistic.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Holy Grail...
Arc Of The Covenant...
Templar Treasure...
A full bottle of Corona...

I found one of those already... but I would like to find another so I added it back to list.

mark1982

Mar 24, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Solid roll of 90% I've come close.
Solid roll of dimes/quarters
Stone mountain half
Columbian expo half
Seated half. Already found a barber
1970D or 1970S half.

And the most unrealistic , but it's on the
List is a gold coin preferably US.

oxbowbarefoot

Banned
May 25, 2011
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
Other
Solid roll of 90% I've come close.
Solid roll of dimes/quarters
Stone mountain half
Columbian expo half
Seated half. Already found a barber
1970D or 1970S half.

And the most unrealistic , but it's on the
List is a gold coin preferably US.
Gold coins aren't that unrealistic. I got a 20 Franc gold coin in a MWR of nickels. They're out there

Vdubguy

Jul 31, 2013
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 (current detector)
Garrett Pro Pointer
Garrett AT Pro (first detector, no longer have)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any silver commemorative, a barber or seated half (already found a barber dime) a solid roll of 90%ers in any denomination (halves, quarters, or dimes)

Last edited:

Avago

Jun 26, 2014
The 2nd State
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm still looking for a solid roll of 40% or 90%, a Seated half, silver Ike, any silver dollar/silver eagle, foreign silver (I did find a little foreign silver but I'd like to find a half-dollar sized one)

I knocked out a lot this year though: 1893 Columbian Expo, 1982-S Washington Commem, 1962 and 1963 Franklin proofs, 1970-D, 1970-S, 1969-S, 1968-S, 1976-S (both proof and business strike silvers), Type II Ike, 1982-P no FG

Found a Barber half last year.

GlenDronach

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd like to find:

A 1970 D or S half (I found one years ago and foolishly sold it for melt)

A Barber ANYTHING (I've found seateds but no Barbers!)

Any of the missing holes in my LWC collection (I want to complete it from circulation ONLY, even if it's easily obtainable)

I've found all the other things on my bucket list. Then buried the bucket.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Angelina Jolie, Marge Simpson....

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
1. Wake up alive
2. Hang with AARC and find more Corona, iced down if possible.
3. Get hired as a dorm monitor at a Latina boarding school
4. Just once find my butt with BOTH hands
5. Find a cable channel without commercials.
6. Have one successful date with Jael de Pardo.
7. Die Happy.

Yinzi50

Bronze Member
Sep 14, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Most of my bucket list has been done:

seated half, check
barber: check
old commemorative: check (Alabama, Iowa, Stone Mountain, Columbus, Booker T. Washington, Carver)
complete a set of Ben: check
complete a set of silver rosie: check;

CRH in 50 states at least once and found at least 1 silver coin: 7 more left;
Find a key-date Walker: not check

Twitch

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2010
Missouri
I'd like to find a full roll of Indian head pennies (have found 4 so far) and a full roll of Mercury dimes (found 9 so far). Would like to find a complete set of Jefferson nickels, a complete set of Roosevelt dimes and a complete set of IKE dollars (Brown, Blue, Clad proof, NIFC, type and P&D). Need 3 Jeff's, about half the Rosie's, and 4 IKE's. I'd like to find all the 40% Kennedy's (need '68-S, '69-S and the proof '76-S). I think it'd be neat to find 1,000 oz of AG from CRH'ing. I don't do much volume so it's a reach but I'm about 25% of the way thus far. Would be cool to get a halves box with 100 silvers (best is 55).

Find's that could qualify - found a gold coin, found a stone mountain and an '82 GW half, found several solid rolls and a half roll w/ 34 silvers in it. Scored 176 Buffalo nickels out of 16 rolls one time (had 4 V nickels in one of the rolls, Canadian V and a proof Canadian), certainly my best score at any denomination. I have 4 1972 type II IKE's. Found a blank half planchet, a proof silver dime (1962) and a 1960 proof penny. Found 2 different foreign silver halves (both Canadian). Having fun - thanks for looking.

boristhespider88

Bronze Member
May 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Hmm... This is a good one.

Wants:
Solid roll of 90%ers
Pre-1964 half (I have still yet to get this one in 3+ years of searching)
Commemorative half dollar (especially classic silver commemoratives)
Gold coin
Gold Certificate
African Silver Certificate
Key date of any coin
90% silver dollar
90% silver proof coin (I'd like to find a modern one and a pre-1965 silver proof)
1 Cent proof
Ike proof
Seated anything
Barber anything
SLQ or earlier

Achieved:
Solid 40%er roll
40% Silver proof (1968-S from a teller tray)
40% Silver dollar (1971-S "Blue" Ike)
1964 or older proof coin (1964 proof nickel)
Indian head cent
V nickel
buffalo nickels
war nickels
Mercury dimes
Silver Washington quarters
silver foreign coins (dime and quarter sized)
1943 Steelies
1909 VDB cent (2x)
Proof nickels, dimes, quarters, halves, dollar coins (SBA, Sacagawea, AND Presidential dollars)

Silver Coins: More than 400 keepers at once (414 silvers in a $1000 bag of dimes - 396 Roosies, 13 Mercs, 5 foreigns)
Cents: More than 2800 keepers at once (2,866 keepers from a $50 bag of cents - 2,163 wheats, plus 703 steel cents)

Paper Money: Red Seals ($2s and $5s); Silver Certificates ($1s and $5s), Hawaii Silver Certificate $1, 1928 $1 Funny Back Silver Certificate

I'll add or update more if I think of it.

Good thread idea!

Last edited:

TroutBumDave

Jan 8, 2015
Northern Utah
Detector(s) used
White's Coin Master 6000/D -- Garrett GTI 2500 -- Etrac
Primary Interest:
Other
I really have no bucket list, because I'm just having too much fun discovering and learning a new hobby. Unlike most of you guys, I love finding foreign coins -- I know they aren't worth anything, but they're fun to see and to collect. Our foreign coin collection is growing much faster than any of our US collections, which is kinda cool. As for silver, we finally got a full roll (total), and it only took us 10 months! Reading about all of you guys scoring huge boxes is entertaining enough that I don't really care if I only find one silver half in every third box; I mean, I care, but, you know, ya.

I want to find anything that is new/old/different/neat looking. I'm just happy that I've discovered a hobby that I can do with my kids and that doesn't break my wallet.

Cheers!

Half Hunter

Jan 4, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lets see I have completed several of them.

Barber..............(3)
Ben Franklin complete from circulation
Monster box only one (296) 40%
1970....All of them multiple times, probably 10 total
Classic comm................grant and stone mountain
Modern 90% kens, (5)
5 or 6 modern clad comm.

Still need to complete
seated half
george washington silver
monster box of 90's( best so far 29 in one box)
washington and booker t comm.
Longshot, would like to hit 10,000 (40%) before I give it up, total currently is 3500+ 40% in 3-4 years Iv been doing this.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread