Never seen a teller so excited.

Liu21

Dec 14, 2014
Brooklyn, NY
Detector(s) used
AT Pro/BH Platinum, (Garret Pro-Pointer)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Did a short hunt today, took 5$ in pennies 20$ in dimes from one td bank. Walked to another about two city blocks away. Made my dump at penny. Went to cash out and as usual I eagle eye the tellers tray when they open the drawer. I saw big coins, so I asked are those big dollar coins, and if she keeping or trying to get rid of them. Well the answer was I've been trying to get rid of them like forever. She said she as 9 of them and as she pulled them out I saw a few half dollars. I told her I'll take those too. She then ask her co worker "didn't you have the big dollar coins too?" YES! 80$ of them! I told her I'll buy them too! Her eyes Llid up like a Christmas tree and told me to stay right there. Lol she hands my teller a envelop all fat with coins. I'm thinking oh mannnnn this could be it! My first silver dollar coin from crh!!! The teller takes them out of the envelope and stacks them up in 10s. Well sadly no silver dollar, but when she handled me the first 9$ along with the half dollar I got one 40%er... Now I'm stuck with 89$ of ikes.... image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Been seriously thinking about making business cards, to hand out to my tellers if they get any big dollars or half dollars to give me a call.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
L

Liu21

Dec 14, 2014
Brooklyn, NY
Detector(s) used
AT Pro/BH Platinum, (Garret Pro-Pointer)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Oh I'm going to use some of them at the toll when I cross the verrzono bridge this week. I'm heading over with my kids to my sisters place so the kids can all go trick or treating together in NJ.

FormerTeller

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
Nice job!

Been seriously thinking about making business cards, to hand out to my tellers if they get any big dollars or half dollars to give me a call.

I did that two years ago. Passed them out to every branch of every bank I had accounts with, and several that I did not. Out of at least 80 cards I have gotten one call, and that was the teller who saved me the $80 in wheat pennies. Haven't yet made enough to pay for the cards, but I feel confident that I eventually will.

TroutBumDave

Jan 8, 2015
Northern Utah
Detector(s) used
White's Coin Master 6000/D -- Garrett GTI 2500 -- Etrac
Primary Interest:
Other
I've been in your position before dude, except mine was over $100.00 in Ikes. That was like six months ago and I'm still spending them. If you want to make someone's day, the next time you or your kids/grandkids see a panhandler or homeless person, or whatever, hand them (or in my case, have my daughter hand them) one and say something like, "Well, my dad gave me this coin and I've been holding it for years. It's my lucky dollar, but I want you to have it -- take care of yourself." Even though it's bull crap, the looks on some of their faces is priceless. I firmly believe that having an 8 year old do/say that makes an impression on them, and you just never know, it could help them way more than we'll ever know.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread