Aug 21, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0

mark1982

Mar 24, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It happens. I used to think the same thing but over all if look at enders vs numbers it works out to about 10 per Ender. I had a box with one Ender produce 27 silvers and a box with 3 enders produce just those 3. I have boxes with no enders produce a dozen silver and a box with 1 Ender produce 2 or 1. So ultimately it works out but when you have 3 Enders and those are the only silvers it really sucks! HH

boristhespider88

Bronze Member
May 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I know some people here estimate returns on a box based on the enders.

Well I got a box last week that had a 90% and 2 40% enders. That almost never happens, so I set it aside.

I opened the rolls, and those were the ONLY silver coins in the lot.

So much for predictability! :laughing7:

I never follow the enders rule. It always never works for me. I've had a nickel box with 2 enders and that was it. I've had numerous half dollar boxes that had 2 or more enders and those be the only silvers in the box.

baddbluff

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2011
vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It works well with a large enough sample size. If we all put our results of halves over a year on one giant spreadsheet, the total # of enders vs total silvers would work out to almost exactly 1:10.

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It seems like I get a lot of teaser enders too, that's the worst when you're anticipating lots of silver. Glad you found some though!

norcalsteve

Sep 30, 2013
Petaluma, CA
Detector(s) used
36" Bazooka Prospector, Gold-n-Sand hand dredge
I'm thinking about putting all my enders aside next year and opening them all on new years eve. I dont know if I have the self control to do it though.

baddbluff

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2011
vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm thinking about putting all my enders aside next year and opening them all on new years eve. I dont know if I have the self control to do it though.

That sounds pretty fun. I definitely don't have that kind of self control.

OP
OP
GlenDronach

GlenDronach

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I was thinking along the same lines. Someday maybe I'll post a pic.

Zomotion

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2013
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, coinmaster Gt Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

A member here did this about a year ago. He filled up an entire box of halves with Enders and was going to sell it on eBay i think but ended up opening the box. It was pretty cool to see the results... For the life of me I can't remember who it was

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread