tallguybry

Jan 12, 2012
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey All,

Long time no see. I'm still lurking in the shadows. Haven't done any CRH'ing in quite some time. Busy with work, family, etc...

So I was on my way home from work when I stopped at a truck stop to use the bathroom and grab a snack.

Walking out of the bathroom, I saw this: ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1446177446.662445.jpg

You stick $.75 in, turn the knob and get one of the treasures shown. I didn't see any silver thru the glass, so I wasn't about to waste my hard earned money.

Now I have seen everything...

I hope everyone is well.

YAHTZEE!

H$H!
TGB

Upvote 0

baddbluff

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2011
vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's cool. I remember a few years back the Walmart by my house had a claw machine with little boxes that had '64 Kennedys and Franklins in it. It cost $1 to play. I won 3 or 4, including my first try. It was before the big price hike of silver.

statch

Jan 4, 2013
FL
Detector(s) used
GPX 5000
Primary Interest:
Other
My wife already makes fun of me for my obsessive coin shenanigans. I can only imagine her reaction if I were to come up to her with a handful of plastic capsules from a child's vending machine. With colored tops nonetheless. :laughing7:

You all remember how as a kid you'd obsess over the dumb worthless little toys from vending machines (mine was personally the Sticky Hands!). I thought as an adult I had gotten over such sillyness. I would have to tell myself that it must all be steelies and wheats in order to walk away from such a temptation.

boristhespider88

Bronze Member
May 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
My wife already makes fun of me for my obsessive coin shenanigans. I can only imagine her reaction if I were to come up to her with a handful of plastic capsules from a child's vending machine. With colored tops nonetheless. :laughing7:

You all remember how as a kid you'd obsess over the dumb worthless little toys from vending machines (mine was personally the Sticky Hands!). I thought as an adult I had gotten over such sillyness. I would have to tell myself that it must all be steelies and wheats in order to walk away from such a temptation.

I wasn't allowed to get the sticky hands because I had a tendency to throw them on the ceiling when I was little.

Witness014

Greenie
Aug 19, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer EX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There was a gas station outside Van Horn, TX back in the day that my family would stop at during family vacations, taking I-10 out of Houston. They had a machine like that, 50 cents instead of 75, and I got a couple of Mercury dimes from it, a few Bicentennial $2 bills, too. :thumbsup: Sadly, the last few years, when I've passed through there when I lived in Austin, the machines have been empty. This past time, the owner had turned them around, so the coin slots face the wall, and said that there would be no more coins.

As a kid, I dreamed of saving up a year's worth of allowance to go to those machines; nobody told me that I could just go to a coin shop instead. :laughing7:

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
A Local Pawn/Coin/Trade Shop has one of them in the coin section. I think it is only $0.50 and if you get one of the special Treasures out of the Gum Ball like vending machine, they will actually buy it from you. You have the chance of pulling out some $20 to $50 valued coins and even some old bills worth nearly the same. I have never tried it out but it could pay off to do so, if you are lucky!

Frank

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions