Heres the other story of my Lucky October.

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Here's the other story of my Lucky October.

I call it a triple lucky strike (LS)in mid October.
My first strike was checking thru a box of dimes (of several boxes for the week), I had come across in the same roll a silver Rosie plus two 1994-s proofs in nearly perfect condition (even better than out of a proof set). However that's all that was in the box. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1446337816.966862.jpg
The second stroke of luck came on the same day of picking up my boxes from above, but this time I asked the teller if she had any loose halves. Sure she said, I only have two and your welcome to have them. I guess she didn't have others to compare against to see the difference. Bought them for a buck and put them in my pocket, checked them out as I got into the car: both were 1964 90%, who would have thought a double strike. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1446337862.251729.jpg

The third lucky strike (AND THE BEST), was if you remember a post of mine about a year or so ago I picked out of a coin counting machine (with the assist of a teller) because the machine got jammed, but deep within the machine has a Junk bin to catch all unwanted material bent coins & garbage dirt. I asked the teller if I can have all that dirt & garbage to go thru at home, and after sorting it out had found a gold ring with 5-diamond stones. We'll this time while making strike one & strike two at two different banks, I came to the SAME BANK that I had found the first ring to do my dump & pickup of dimes, I had asked the head teller "just what do you do with all the garbage that's in the internal bin". She said we just pitch it into the garbage can without looking thru all that filth". I asked if she could save it for me in some type of bag for pickup the next time I come in and there after. She even said, would you like me to check out the bin now & you can take it with you today and I'll start saving it for you in the future. We'll she had dumped the dirty trash in a small bag, I proceeded to take it home along with all the boxes of dimes for the day. I couldn't wait to see what was in the trash bag. Opened it up, sorted out the bent & foreign coins and uncover my second man's ring (10-caret gold with 8-diamonds) from the same machine at the same bank in approx two years.
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1446338890.169087.jpg

All I can say is OCTOBER has been a very LUCKY MONTH for me, considering I mostly hunt dimes. For me things come in TWO (two proofs, two halves 64, two men's ring which by the way fits my finger perfectly).

Sorry for the lengthy story, but my luck struck me in OCTOBER.

Upvote 0

PaDirtDigger

Feb 2, 2015
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
White's XLT (2), Garrett Ace 250, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Happy Halloween to you... :thumbsup:

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great stuff ! There really is no condition "better than out of a proof set " You have a really nice teller if she'll do that for you !

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread