Cincinnati, Ohio
Primary Interest:
Other
Upvote 0

mark1982

Mar 24, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Set up a bunch of dump banks away from the bank you are ordering from. Even if you bring them to a different bank that's close by to the one you ordered them from its still probably the same coin supplier so they might get pissed off or catch on and cut
You off.

Either way try anything and order up what you can because there are very few people who can get them . HH

OP
OP
I

IceePirate

Aug 16, 2015
Cincinnati, Ohio
Primary Interest:
Other
How would I go about dumping them though? There's not exactly rolls that they can go into and say 10 at a time would be a pain in the ass to do.

mark1982

Mar 24, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are rolls. They are $20 and most banks have them.

kingskid1611

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2015
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My bank don't carry them so I wouldn't be able to help you out. They even refuse to order them.

boristhespider88

Bronze Member
May 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Spend them out places. I do that with halves a lot of times. I would also see if your LCS would buy them from you for a profit (or even face) to get rid of them. Craigslist and eBay are other possible options.

Or if you want to roll them, most banks don't have big dollar coin sized wrappers and you can buy those on eBay as well.

mark1982

Mar 24, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just in case there is confusion I'm not
Talking about rolls of large dollar coins I'm talking about the wrapper to roll the large dollar coins. Almost all my banks have the empty wrappers to roll them. Ye other option would be to find out if a bank will take bags of coin to
Be sent out and credited to your account. Problem with this is if you are
Dumping bags into the same supplier that your ordering bags from them you might run into some issues.

boristhespider88

Bronze Member
May 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Almost all my banks have the empty wrappers to roll them.

I asked at every single bank I stopped at for about a year (2 years ago) because I got a huge number of Ikes that I needed to get rid of and all of them looked at me like I was crazy or would offer me the small dollar coin wrappers. My mom finally gave me FV for them and gave them to my small cousins for Christmas as apposed to gift cards or checks. They thought they had it made and were all rich getting $25 in Ikes lol.

mark1982

Mar 24, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I guess it just depends on the location. BOA is the bank around here that has them all the time, and Wells Fargo so give them a shot first of there in your area.

boristhespider88

Bronze Member
May 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I guess it just depends on the location. BOA is the bank around here that has them all the time, and Wells Fargo so give them a shot first of there in your area.

No BoA in this area, and I've asked at several Wells Fargo branches, plus a member of the family is in management at a branch and said they don't have them and they can't get them either.

OP
OP
I

IceePirate

Aug 16, 2015
Cincinnati, Ohio
Primary Interest:
Other
I have a fairly large number of banks in my area, both big and small. I know that my current order bank would probably be happy to order them for me if I wanted such as they actually know how to do it. I often pick up multiple boxes on a weekly basis and they have shown interest in finding out how to order them. Also, I wanted the empty rolls, I think rolled coin are just all around, easier to carry and exchange. I do think the coin shop idea is a good one though, ill look around in a bit and see who is willing to buy them at face or more in bulk amounts. It'd be interesting to make a coin shop my dump bank. Lel

weighit

Feb 17, 2007
Northern Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX with a Big Foot coil
Gold Bug 2
I ask every bank I enter about Ikes and will buy all I can, sometimes I even get a old real silver dollar. Last time I got over $200 with nothing to keep I spent them in eating places, gas stations, tips and Lowe's. Still had a few left and paid a bill with them. In every case the person getting them was happy, and said they were going to keep them? I bet I still have a couple of hundred of them in the drawer here, spending them as I want. But I still keep asking just in case I can pick up a real silver one. I have never been able to order a bag but I would if I got the chance.

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Join a local coin club. Mine has an auction at every meeting and some people will pay a premium. Most people will sell in $50 lots and get $55 dollars for them.

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Internet search for clubs in your area. That simple.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread