Beware of this scammer

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Was going through one of my dime boxes from my Saturday morning pickups. Not only was it a LOOMIS SKUNK, but there was also three one cent coins that we're shaved down enough to be construed in a coin counting machine as a dime. I figure that this person who did this IS NOT A CRH because he had shaved down a very good looking 1956-d wheat cent that is now trashed. He needs a hobby, what do you think? CRH?

Upvote 0

Cobbolicious

Sep 3, 2015
Minnesota
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cobbolicious you have been the one and only poster attacking anyone. It started with your judgemental first post and has continued right along. Any perceived ad hominem was directed at YOU not the original poster. The op is a good member who can handle having his beans busted when I and others give him a hard time over his post. You, on the other hand, want to turn this into some moral argument while showing off your vocabulary of the month calendar. Then you ASSume that I dont know or understand the meaning of certain words, just further exemplifying your belittling pompous tone. Ill save you a post....yes another example of ad hominem. Yes, yes it is and here and here are a few things to chew on (maybe YOU should brush up on you understanding of ad hominen and logical fallacies). 1. My original post attacked your statement, which was opinion and not fact. 2. The question here is clearly your conduct/character/moral reasoning. 3. There was no dismissal based on irrelevant information, my statements have been clearly supported by your own words.

For someone who attempts to come across as intelligent, not only did you fail to realize the whole time I was talking about you, you also completely failed in your attempt to cast me as some childish imbecile only capable of personal attacks when faced with topics supposedly above my iq level.

Wait, did you just, in the same post, both say that I'm the only one attacking anyone and (aside from insulting me multiple times) brag that your prior insults were directed toward me? Please explain the difference between insult and attack. And your first post--an insult by anyone's standards-- in this thread was not an "attack"? Would you rather that my post condemning black market transactions were not judgmental, but favorable? And your first post in this thread was directed at me, before I ever posted here? Please tell me you know that the principle that a person who cannot be trusted with little cannot be trusted with much was spoken by Jesus himself. Please explain in what manner my character is deficient by virtue of any of my posts. If I were a man of higher character, would I only post positive things? In fact, you and others who've been critical have never interacted, so far as I can recall, in any way with any of my positive posts. Your third point is conclusory: you haven't used any of my own words to support your conclusions. It was quite clear that your allusion to grapes was directed toward me. And no, I never post hoping to be misunderstood or to be perceived as something I'm not.

As to the other thread, yes, I called a man childish for risking $40,000 in taxes and penalties to hunt for some coins. It's what I'd tell my own brother.

You've shamelessly co-opted this thread by repeatedly insulting Dozer and me.

Last edited:

SeabeeRon

Bronze Member
Aug 5, 2007
Santa Cruz, CA.
Detector(s) used
ML Sov GT; Whites MXT & Surf PI Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Seems like "Cabin Fever" is setting in early this year! :dontknow:

Joe777Cool

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wait, did you just, in the same post, both say that I'm the only one attacking anyone and (aside from insulting me multiple times) brag that your prior insults were directed toward me? Please explain the difference between insult and attack. And your first post--an insult by anyone's standards-- in this thread was not an "attack"? Would you rather that my post condemning black market transactions were not judgmental, but favorable? And your first post in this thread was directed at me, before I ever posted here? Please tell me you know that the principle that a person who cannot be trusted with little cannot be trusted with much was spoken by Jesus himself. Please explain in what manner my character is deficient by virtue of any of my posts. If I were a man of higher character, would I only post positive things? In fact, you and others who've been critical have never interacted, so far as I can recall, in any way with any of my positive posts. Your third point is conclusory: you haven't used any of my own words to support your conclusions. It was quite clear that your allusion to grapes was directed toward me. And no, I never post hoping to be misunderstood or to be perceived as something I'm not.

As to the other thread, yes, I called a man childish for risking $40,000 in taxes and penalties to hunt for some coins. It's what I'd tell my own brother.

You've shamelessly co-opted this thread by repeatedly insulting Dozer and me.

Dozer and I.

Cobbolicious

Sep 3, 2015
Minnesota
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dozer and I.

My questions await your response. I said earlier in this thread that I'm going to hold you accountable for the way you behave, and I meant it. A response purporting to correct grammar (I've never once done so on TreasureNet, as I consider it poor taste and . . . ad hominem) is insufficient, and the construction "insulting . . . me" is correct in any event: "insulting . . . I" is not.

Last edited:

Cobbolicious

Sep 3, 2015
Minnesota
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Much better.

I'd wondered whether you'd read that post. I noticed the error shortly after the post was deleted, but, as I've suggested previously, correction of usage is both unrefined and ungracious, and, worse, at least in this context, an undisciplined logical fallacy. I will remind you, as I noted in the post you reference, that your resort to logical fallacies is improper--particularly for someone who values logic. At the very least, questioning my motivation in defending Dozer, and imputing a false motive, was an example of the appeal to motive fallacy--a form of ad hominem. Was it unintentional?

Last edited:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SORRY TO BRING UP THIS SUBJECT !!!!!

Don't Apologize to these Jokers !!!!!!!!

You have as much right to start topics as they do.
Although If I found them in rolls, they probably would find their way back in to new rolls :laughing7:
or maybe in my collection as curiosities :thumbsup:

that is... After... my rant here about it though :thumbsup:

Last edited:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
To add insult to injury, I found an 1909 VDB shaved down.

If the dummy that did that years ago knew that it would be worth a premium NOT to, enough to buy several Cokes...

at least it wasn't an S V.D.B.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
End the insults and bickering please.

Dozer you were not out of line at all in your opening post.

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I asked politely to end it.. Mods are who hold members accountable when rules are broken...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions