Anyone buying boxes directly from an armored car co?

Nick A

May 10, 2007
Columbus Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Minelab E-Trac, Fisher CZ3D
Just curious. Seems like it would be a lot easier just to go get the boxes from Brinks (or whoever) rather than having to get them through a bank, but I suppose they may not have a "cashier" as it were to deal directly with the public. I know grocery stores get armored car deliveries/pickups too... anyone have a grocery store customer service desk order them boxes? Bored and thinking out loud here.

Upvote 0

65gt350

Mar 6, 2007
California
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Toltec 100
The only problem I see is the cost. If you were to order direct you would end up having to pay for the delivery. If the volume was high enough it might make sense. I heard of someone hiring the carriers to deliver pennies before the melt ban so I know they will deliver if you want to pay the fee.

65GT350

pepperpump

Feb 27, 2005
Manassas Park, VA
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
I actually emailed Lommis and they said they can not sell as the "money belongs to banks or the reserve". Go figure!
pepperpump :P

fiatboy

Bronze Member
Jan 28, 2007
I actually emailed Lommis and they said they can not sell as the "money belongs to banks or the reserve".

Don't even get me started on that..... ::)

coincollector101

May 8, 2007
LOL

Ive Called them all Trying to Figuar out What Banks had There Armored Car Service.
They Would not tell me....:( I wanted Halfs From a Different Stock Pile :D
Anyone have any ideas on how to get that info becides going bank to bank even though we all go bank to bank to bank
I wake up in the morning and think what town should I go Hunt in today.

GMan00001

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2006
Twin Cities, MN
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
coincollector101 said:
LOL

Ive Called them all Trying to Figuar out What Banks had There Armored Car Service.
They Would not tell me....:( I wanted Halfs From a Different Stock Pile :D
Anyone have any ideas on how to get that info becides going bank to bank even though we all go bank to bank to bank
I wake up in the morning and think what town should I go Hunt in today.

Find out what bank that an armored car goes to early in the morning and follow the armored car around all day.... ;D Just try not to get yourself picked up by the police for being suspicious.

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
coincollector101 said:

You just have to somehow ask who delivers their coins. I opened up a new bank account last month and ordered a box to be picked up last Friday. The box look exactly like those I get from BofA, so I asked "did this come form Brinks?" The guy said yes.

The box had been opened and I questioned him why and he said they had to make sure all the rolls were there. I bought that story but one roll had $8.50 and another had $9.50 Strange thing though I could tell they were short before opening (just by feel) they were both factory rolled, perfect rolled crimp on both ends. First time ever shorted by a FED box. I did get 11 40% out so I guess that is just the cost of doing business.

I will mention it when I pick up another box next Friday and see what they say. I really do not like going into that bank. It is small and new (I am customer #21) Every time I go in this bank I am greeted by everybody by my first name and then when I leave everybody has to say bye. :P

I spend half my time in that bank just returning greetings.

goldinmypan

Apr 18, 2006
Ventura, CA
Detector(s) used
LST
OK Dan, you take the banks with the grouchy old ladies that are cherrypicking and I'll take the banks with all the nice, helpful, good looking girls. :D

SilverHoarder07

Oct 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Customer 21! They will probably do anything for you....that's a score itself!

canaboy123

Sep 22, 2011
N/A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the reserve.

mrmVE.gif

Senor

Sep 25, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Coins going to and from the Fed are in bags NOT in rolls. LINK

Armored carriers process the coins into rolls.

Dunbar offers this direct to and from customer service. I currently don't have the funds to call them up though. The service is called EZChange.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread