Silver Member
Dec 16, 2012
port ewen ny
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT-PRO & Equinox800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
every roll was underweight due to Canadians, plus 1 roll weighed 174 grams---5 coins short. searched 27 rolls with no keepers and 35 Canadians. remaining rolls weighed 192- 198 grams. box is getting returned to B of A. best guess is at least $5- $7 in worthless junk. the shrink plastic is a real PITA to empty--another stupid innovation, cashiers and tellers will be on the floor picking up coins. nice for edge check but not worth the trouble getting the crap wrapper open. I fully understand the flow chain of coins but the ultimate duty to eliminate MAGNETIC JUNK coins rests on the carriers. a simple magnet will keep non legal coins from being recycled in the re-rolling process. worst box of 382 searched.:BangHead::BangHead:

Upvote 0

mark1982

Mar 24, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry to hear. I had a dime box that had 11 Canadian enders! Can't remember the number but I had somewhere around 110 Canadians. Luckily I was able to bring it to a bank that exchanges Canadian coin.

OP
OP
P

port ewen ace

Silver Member
Dec 16, 2012
port ewen ny
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT-PRO & Equinox800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mark, where are you and what bank takes Canadian coin? since I have 3 accounts with B of A just hope they will exchange for real US crap clad. feelin' your pain on the dimes as I got 3 CWR from another bank that were half Canuck magnets. no exchange so I got to eat over $7 in loss due to a thief that got $5 for each roll. biggest risk with CWR's is with business depositors-- they just pass the junk they get mixed with their coin deposits and the cycle repeats until a CRH'er gets stiffed with foreign junk :-(:-(
Sorry to hear. I had a dime box that had 11 Canadian enders! Can't remember the number but I had somewhere around 110 Canadians. Luckily I was able to bring it to a bank that exchanges Canadian coin.

mark1982

Mar 24, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am in CT and there are a couple TD banks that take them rolled. They won't go into the coin machines

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread