Coins for grandkids

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
With the Thanksgiving Holiday just here, I was finally able to give to 9 of my 12 grandchildren their own 3-vol set (1909-2014: blue folder books 1,2,3) of the Lincoln cents, and for now coins only in the complete range of 1940-1958. Promised that by Xmas they should receive the range 1959-2013, to complete vol 2 & 3. Hopefully by next Easter they should get the majority of book one coins, with the exception of the four KEY dates & four semi-keys. They were all excited to get them, for what I've been searching out the "BEST OF THE BEST" over the past 4-years besides digging into my own excess collection. I just hope that this might stir up some hobby interest, and have fun doing it for years to come, to upgrade, and enjoy the HUNT.

Upvote 0

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
That is cool! And, unless your grandkids are older, it's a good thing penny candy and gumball machines disappeared years ago...

S

stefen

Like you, I assembled Vol I & II for 7 of my kinders to be passed on in my Will.

Recently in the last 3 years, 2 more kinders have been added and now I'm making up new sets.

usandthem

May 19, 2011
Kentucky
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice thought but the coins will last longer in Dansco albums. My Dad gave me some coins in those blue folders and they didn't do very well. :cat:

Darth Walker

Bronze Member
Jan 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just purchased for my 8 year old son an ASE 2015 W Proof from the US Mint.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread