IKEs open question

Twitch

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2010
Missouri
I really enjoy hunting IKE's and used to have a great source of $1,000 bags. Anyone around Jacksonville FL looking for IKE bags let me know, I no a teller who'll get them for you. However, I don't think clad IKE's will ever be worth more than they are right now. If you can't get more for $1 for them right now just spend them. Good luck.

Gold Maven

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2012
Holmes County Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
actual metal value as of 12-1-15, 12 cents.

I think you are asking if the dollar collapses, would Ikes still have some value.....maybe, I would convert to silver.

Gold Maven

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2012
Holmes County Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
actual metal value as of 12-1-15, 12 cents.

I think you are asking if the dollar collapses, would Ikes still have some value.....maybe, I would convert to silver.

Darth Walker

Bronze Member
Jan 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hate the ikes over all other coins. I do not collect them.

TheMastermind

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2012
Pennsy
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just spend 'em.

I have the perfect dump situation set up for handling a large volume of Ikes, but I just can't get anyone to order me any.

Pete_Iredale

Jul 1, 2015
SW Washington
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think most coin shops will pay something extra for them, but probably not much more than $1.20 or so, if that. You might try selling them on Craigslist at a small mark up as well. They seem to sell ok on ebay, but if you are only making a few cents per coin, it really isn't worth the time I don't think.

jrf30

Bronze Member
May 7, 2006
CO, AZ
Detector(s) used
dfx, Ryedale!
No need to "just spend them". You can sell them on Craig's List for $1.10 pretty easily. You said you have a few hundred dollars, so that's $20 - $30 profit, and you wouldn't walk by a $20 bill on the ground, so take that $20 - $30 profit.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread