Finding Rolls

Pete_Iredale

Jul 1, 2015
SW Washington
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, or find banks that will sell you boxes of machine rolled coins. Both can have great results. The best bet is just to go around your town and ask at different banks if you can buy coins from them. Some might require you to have an account, like Chase does, and others may not. I'd highly recommend finding a place to has a free coin counter as well, since I couldn't even imagine the amount of work it would take to reroll everything! Oh, and it's generally considered to be a good idea to not pick up and dump coins at the same bank. You'll end up getting coins back that you've already seen before, and some banks will think it's fairly rude. Hope that helps!

retire05

Feb 16, 2015
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Garrett 350, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree with Pete. When you ask if there are rolls, ask if there are any rolls customers turned in (Customer Wrapped Rolls)(CWR). In my experience, the banks will know what you are looking for...Brad

port ewen ace

Silver Member
Dec 16, 2012
port ewen ny
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT-PRO & Equinox800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
so a guy walks into a bank_________________be nice, no demands, only take what they "can spare", ask for a few of these and a few of those-- like folks do at the deli, "got any of those BIG dollars or half dollars or ODD coins in your tray?", find a teller who is as nice as you and build a partnership. when results start to flow______be the customer who brings yummies!!!. go gently on box orders until all the parts come together, after that, y'all be rollin' in dough:-)))

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread