Getting close....

Liu21

Dec 14, 2014
Brooklyn, NY
Detector(s) used
AT Pro/BH Platinum, (Garret Pro-Pointer)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Went to pick up a box from dines form one of my pick up banks. This bank I have been waiting for the half dollar bag to fill up since FEB!!!!!!!!! Today the teller told me, The bag is almost full I'll call you when it is. I cant wait!!!!! on another note, two boxes of dimes today only gave me 2 rosies, but when I went to dump 100$ of those dimes at my favorite TD Bank on the way home . I pulled 5 rosies and 3$ in mix coins along with some foreign coins. SO all is good.. Hoping that bag is filling up with holiday silver!

Upvote 0

ArkieBassMan

Silver Member
Dec 17, 2009
AR
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've left my number with and had multitudes of tellers promise to call me when people cash in halves, bags fill, etc. In several years' time, I have received only one phone call. If the bag is close and you really want it, I strongly suggest you top it off yourself.

Styfflin

Jan 8, 2013
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Definitely top it off yourself. Fill the bag, get some ag!

OP
OP
L

Liu21

Dec 14, 2014
Brooklyn, NY
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I stopped ordering half dollar boxes two months ago. The dumping was burdening my time for school, so I figured I'll just stick with the 1000$ bag when ever it gets full. I
Only have maybe 4-5$ in halves with me... Dont think that will top it off, besides the bank I'm working with I have very good relations with. So I'm not afraid of someone snooping in and taking the bag. Oh did I mention that normally the bank don't sell their bags out to customers?

ArkieBassMan

Silver Member
Dec 17, 2009
AR
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I stopped ordering half dollar boxes two months ago. The dumping was burdening my time for school, so I figured I'll just stick with the 1000$ bag when ever it gets full. I
Only have maybe 4-5$ in halves with me... Dont think that will top it off, besides the bank I'm working with I have very good relations with. So I'm not afraid of someone snooping in and taking the bag. Oh did I mention that normally the bank don't sell their bags out to customers?

Do it your way, but again I must tell you that I have been in this exact situation. I never received a call. When I grew a little worrisome, sure enough it had filled and was picked up by the Loomis truck the week before. It took that bag ~18 months to fill if I remember correctly. I've known the branch manager of that bank (and her husband) since high school (~30 years). I was a groomsman in her wedding. She's ordered many boxes of halves for me over the years. She knows what I do. We're very good friends. Still, even though I would inquire about the bag every 3-4 weeks or so, when the bag filled it was shipped off with nary a thought about me. Contrary to popular belief, bank employees have more to deal with than just us CRHers...even if we might happen to have "good relationships" or even personal friendships with employees.

You've been warned. Bags get gone easily. Again, I personally would make it a point to find out exactly how much is needed to fill the bag, and then take a little road trip in search of CWR halves. You might do well on the trip, and you acquire the ammunition to fill the bag. Win-win.

OP
OP
L

Liu21

Dec 14, 2014
Brooklyn, NY
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Do it your way, but again I must tell you that I have been in this exact situation. I never received a call. When I grew a little worrisome, sure enough it had filled and was picked up by the Loomis truck the week before. It took that bag ~18 months to fill if I remember correctly. I've known the branch manager of that bank (and her husband) since high school (~30 years). I was a groomsman in her wedding. She's ordered many boxes of halves for me over the years. She knows what I do. We're very good friends. Still, even though I would inquire about the bag every 3-4 weeks or so, when the bag filled it was shipped off with nary a thought about me. Contrary to popular belief, bank employees have more to deal with than just us CRHers...even if we might happen to have "good relationships" or even personal friendships with employees.

You've been warned. Bags get gone easily. Again, I personally would make it a point to find out exactly how much is needed to fill the bag, and then take a little road trip in search of CWR halves. You might do well on the trip, and you acquire the ammunition to fill the bag. Win-win.

Thanks, but i dont have much halves on hand to begin with, and I no longer have a halves order bank. I closed my BOA when i picked up my last box months ago. So im on a tough spot, just hoping the bank will pull through.

Styfflin

Jan 8, 2013
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've filled up more half dollar bags with way less in them just for the the chance to see those white edges on the very bottom. Just knowing I didn't let the opportunity for a decent score get shipped off in a Loomis truck makes it worth it to me. "What if?" isn't a question you want to be asking yourself in a couple weeks when that bag is gone.
I recommend doing what ArkieBassMan said. Almost full could be anywhere between $0.50 and $300, and you could probably get that many halves on a road trip. Or just do a one-time one-box order, and you'll be set.

Last edited:
OP
OP
L

Liu21

Dec 14, 2014
Brooklyn, NY
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well if they like you so much, it shouldn't matter

yeah you're right, 8522 3rd Avenue
Brooklyn, NY 11209. Good luck trying to get it from them.

Zomotion

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2013
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, coinmaster Gt Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This thread is like handing over a treasure map... So many non- members view this forum daily. Go find some half dollars asap.

I hope you get the bag Liu, good luck

Joe777Cool

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You have gotten a lot of good advice in this thread from seasoned members that you clearly ignoring.

I'm going there Tuesday, opening a new checking and savings account, talk to them about transferring my mortgage to them - oh yeah and I have some coins to count in your machine......how much do you want to bet they forget what you phone number is and I walk out of there with that bag? And if they refuse to sell to me I'll call their customer service manager, make a huge deal about it, tell them I know for a fact that they sell the bags and make sure NOBODY gets any bags from there.

By the way - if you think I'm talking about you, Liu21, you are WRONG. This happened to ME a year and 1/2 ago and I lost a whole chain of local banks and their silver filled bags of halves because of some idiot. Corporate memo came down and I was shut down forever.

But I AM 2 hours from that bank, AND I have the next 3 days off.......are you a betting man Liu??

mxh5891

Feb 27, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Liu21 I am actually hoping that you do not get the bag now. You don't need to order any boxes. All you had to do was go to random banks and buy any loose rolls or teller tray halves they had. Then just dump it at the bank to fill there bag. Then once it's full, you buy the bag on the spot. It's 100% fool proof. You are leaving ingredients a lot to chance by just waiting for a call. What if the teller who is supposed to call you when it fills up is off that day and some random teller just ships it off.

Joe777Cool

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Liu21 I am actually hoping that you do not get the bag now. You don't need to order any boxes. All you had to do was go to random banks and buy any loose rolls or teller tray halves they had. Then just dump it at the bank to fill there bag. Then once it's full, you buy the bag on the spot. It's 100% fool proof. You are leaving ingredients a lot to chance by just waiting for a call. What if the teller who is supposed to call you when it fills up is off that day and some random teller just ships it off.

There are so many things that could happen, in reality (not his) odds are much better that he never gets that bag. You can sit on your a$$ and hope things will happen, or you can go out, do a bit of work, and make it happen.

OP
OP
L

Liu21

Dec 14, 2014
Brooklyn, NY
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
WOW, so much negativity for not heeding advice from the CRH Gods.... Oh wait, you guys are just CRH zealots. CRH is just a hobby, it is not a life or death situation if i dont get a bag or something. I got other priorities in life, that does not warrant me to go around to many different banks asking for loose halves so i can go fill a bag. It is also why i stopped ordering halves, as i did not have the time to go around dumping at different banks.. If you are retired and have that kind of time, more power to you. How ever I dont, I have college finals this week, and between that I have a 9 month old son i have to help take care of. Joe777, you go ahead and drive to that bank and see if you can get that bag, let me know how it goes. Matter of fact take a picture with it in the bank when you get it.

Joe777Cool

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOW, so much negativity for not heeding advice from the CRH Gods.... Oh wait, you guys are just CRH zealots. CRH is just a hobby, it is not a life or death situation if i dont get a bag or something. I got other priorities in life, that does not warrant me to go around to many different banks asking for loose halves so i can go fill a bag. It is also why i stopped ordering halves, as i did not have the time to go around dumping at different banks.. If you are retired and have that kind of time, more power to you. How ever I dont, I have college finals this week, and between that I have a 9 month old son i have to help take care of. Joe777, you go ahead and drive to that bank and see if you can get that bag, let me know how it goes. Matter of fact take a picture with it in the bank when you get it.

For someone that spends as much time on these boards, and asks the amount of advice you do, one would think you would have learned a thing or two. You have posted about this bank/bag multiple times and continue to blatantly ignore the advice everyone has given to you. Nobody would be foolish enough to compare this hobby to a life/death situation, but you were the one who posted "Went to pick up a box from dines form one of my pick up banks. This bank I have been waiting for the half dollar bag to fill up since FEB!!!!!!!!! Today the teller told me, The bag is almost full I'll call you when it is. I cant wait!!!!!" so is this a big deal to you or not? From the 14 exclamation points it sounds like its a big deal to you - which makes us all wonder why you have such a flippant attitude.

People are now rooting against you. Thats sad.

OP
OP
L

Liu21

Dec 14, 2014
Brooklyn, NY
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
For someone that spends as much time on these boards, and asks the amount of advice you do, one would think you would have learned a thing or two. You have posted about this bank/bag multiple times and continue to blatantly ignore the advice everyone has given to you. Nobody would be foolish enough to compare this hobby to a life/death situation, but you were the one who posted "Went to pick up a box from dines form one of my pick up banks. This bank I have been waiting for the half dollar bag to fill up since FEB!!!!!!!!! Today the teller told me, The bag is almost full I'll call you when it is. I cant wait!!!!!" so is this a big deal to you or not? From the 14 exclamation points it sounds like its a big deal to you - which makes us all wonder why you have such a flippant attitude.

People are now rooting against you. Thats sad.

I never asked for advice in this post, I only stated that a bag ive been waiting on is almost full. Ive only posted about this bag twice, hardly the "multiple times" you claim. Some people need to get themselves checked out, if the reason for rooting against me, is because I didnt take advice to top off a bag. Take a Cold hard look at why you wish misfortune upon someone simply because someone didnt carry out advice that was given. What flippant attitude? if you look at post #6, i clearly said "Thanks" to Arkiebass for his advice, and stated why i cant carry it out. It seems like you guys are demanding that I carry out the advice given like a order from a general.

mxh5891

Feb 27, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are so many things that could happen, in reality (not his) odds are much better that he never gets that bag. You can sit on your a$$ and hope things will happen, or you can go out, do a bit of work, and make it happen.

Guess some people just have to learn the hard way.
Wish I lived in NY.

mxh5891

Feb 27, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I never asked for advice in this post, I only stated that a bag ive been waiting on is almost full. Ive only posted about this bag twice, hardly the "multiple times" you claim. Some people need to get themselves checked out, if the reason for rooting against me, is because I didnt take advice to top off a bag. Take a Cold hard look at why you wish misfortune upon someone simply because someone didnt carry out advice that was given. What flippant attitude? if you look at post #6, i clearly said "Thanks" to Arkiebass for his advice, and stated why i cant carry it out. It seems like you guys are demanding that I carry out the advice given like a order from a general.

How hard is it to ask for rolls of halves while you are picking up your order of dimes? I would be asking that teller how much is left in the bag and then run as fast as I could to get that amount in halves.

Ps...don't post on here unless you want opinions. Only reason I'm rooting against you now is because of the crappie attitude that you convey with your typing. I'm sure your a nice guy and all.
Why post about a bag that you can't wait to get, when you could go get it today with a tiny bit of effort.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread