Goals for the new year

foofighters

Nov 7, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm setting a goal for myself this year.

I am mostly a casual hunter, never very steady. This year I am going to set a goal for a hundred ounces. I work construction in the summer and my job moves me around from town to town on a regular basis, only home on the weekends. It makes a steady order tough but I'm going to work on it this summer.

Any one else have any targets?

Upvote 0

dougbfromnorthga

Apr 10, 2011
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon & Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am shooting for 50 ounces from roll hunting and an additional 50 ounces bought and added to my stack. 100 ounces of Ag per year added to my stack over the next 20 years or so.

dreamboxvip

May 1, 2014
My goal is to get my boxes ordered when they are suppose to be. Main branch totally forgot my Christmas order! How depressing!

barneyb71

Mar 6, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would like a year like I just had. I don't really keep track of how much I find but I know I've stacked more then I ever thought I would. Never thought I would find a solid roll, found 7 this year! I did buy some but I enjoy finding it more. Good luck on your goal.

Uncguy43

Tenderfoot
May 15, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just want to hit 15 ounces. If I can do that, I'll be pleased!

retire05

Feb 16, 2015
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Garrett 350, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am setting a goal of more than last year. As long as I go up every year I am moving in the right direction. I haven't tallied up my 2015 yet and my last order of halves (4 boxes) is in this coming Tuesday. I'll get a total and post for all as I think I had a pretty good year for a rookie that did it only part of the year and normally only a box or 2. Have a great 2016 and good luck!...Brad

OP
OP
F

foofighters

Nov 7, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I havent really kept track to date.

This year I am going to do my best to keep track of things and try to be more efficient.

Sfynks870

Oct 16, 2015
N.E. Louisiana
Primary Interest:
Other
I messed around and hit over 50 for the year since october, and over 100 altogether including purchases. And I plan to purchase 40 oz a month this next year unless the silver gold ratio gets right making 480 in purchase for the year and gonna aim for 100 from crh. Also plan on getting about 10 oz of platinum under my belt for the year if it stays down, am I the only one that is seeing platinum as a fairly sure thing over the next year?

IceePirate

Aug 16, 2015
Cincinnati, Ohio
Primary Interest:
Other
My plan is to aim for around 50 oz of the silver. Some more goals are to find another indian head cent and some of the older halves. Maybe even a flying eagle!

ArkieBassMan

Silver Member
Dec 17, 2009
AR
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I messed around and hit over 50 for the year since october, and over 100 altogether including purchases. And I plan to purchase 40 oz a month this next year unless the silver gold ratio gets right making 480 in purchase for the year and gonna aim for 100 from crh. Also plan on getting about 10 oz of platinum under my belt for the year if it stays down, am I the only one that is seeing platinum as a fairly sure thing over the next year?

I assume by your mention of platinum being a "sure thing", you're referencing the fact that platinum has been running nearly $200/oz. cheaper than gold even though it is both more rare and more expensive to mine than gold, and has historically traded higher than gold. While all of that is true, it could just as likely mean that gold is currently overpriced. The laws of supply and demand have been replaced by speculation and manipulation in the precious metals markets. There are no "sure things." Spot prices will fluctuate in whatever direction The Powers That Be (TPTB) ​need them to.

baddbluff

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2011
vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok.... so sure thing was a poor choice of words. What I mean is a reasonably sound investment.

If you want a "reasonably sound investment" the only one I can think of (assuming it's a long term investment) is ETFs/mutual funds in the stock market. That's about the only LT investment that's going to outpace inflation & give you a decent return. PMs: hell no! Unless you are stacking for face value, it's a roll of the dice!

iammoleman2

Oct 30, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
I have been crh for about 3 months and found 8.75 ozt of silver. That equates to 35 ozt per year. So that is my goal, 35.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread