Upvote 0

gordonquixote

Apr 8, 2012
N FL
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The seller has 6074 transactions with 99.9% positive reviews. He actually sounds legit.

I'm wondering if he's legit and you got sour grapes because you gambled on a valuable coin a didn't get one. Just because I spend $10 on the powerball last night and didn't win doesn't mean the game is rigged against me.

Liu21

Dec 14, 2014
Brooklyn, NY
Detector(s) used
AT Pro/BH Platinum, (Garret Pro-Pointer)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This is why I never buy these "un searched" rolls. One look at what the seller is sell is obvious. Seriously , how many of those old bank rolls do you think are really out there? And for one person to come across them all then to offer it up for sale on eBay? Oh and some of those coins does not look like they were sitting in a roll for most of their life...

maine_Jim

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2008
Detector(s) used
Ace 350
Hey GM - you got screwed by a scumbag. Don't let them screw you over twice.

Tell them that you believe it was already searched. Tell them they misrepresented the roll and ask how they are going to make you right. If they refuse to do anything put it all in the feedback. Make them pay where it hurts! Your feedback will cost them money by stopping other suckers from getting snared. They will pay in the long run. If not buy some other things from them and return them all as "not as described". I sell on ebay and believe me when I say this, sellers no longer have any rights on ebay. You can return anything for any reason...it is just part of the cost of doing business on ebay nowadays. If they want to keep selling their worthless pocket change like this make them pay. With 42 revised feedbacks they expect these to keep rolling in and they just pay them off. I would expect to get a complete refund, be told to keep the roll and then have them block me as a buyer after I left a favorable feedback.

Maine_Jim

OP
OP
G

gmrestoparts

Mar 6, 2013
Georgia
Primary Interest:
Other
Hi Glenn,

The seller accepted your return of One (1) Original OBW Wheat Penny Roll "FEDERAL RESERVE BANK of DENVER", and refunded you $24.94. It should be available in your PayPal account.

You can view details of this return on eBay.

mxh5891

Feb 27, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Glenn,

The seller accepted your return of One (1) Original OBW Wheat Penny Roll "FEDERAL RESERVE BANK of DENVER", and refunded you $24.94. It should be available in your PayPal account.

You can view details of this return on eBay.

Hope you learned a valuable lesson. Your lucky you were able to get your money back. Next time use some common sense

OP
OP
G

gmrestoparts

Mar 6, 2013
Georgia
Primary Interest:
Other
What is really going on here is that I still have some hope for humanity and trust way too may people...its a shame that this world has not evolved from shady business dealing like it is in 3rd world countries around the world. On a side note, a couple of people have pissed me off with their comments and I will be contacting the moderator about those 2...Pretty easy to pick them out from previous posts.

Joe777Cool

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Seems to be the theme of this thread....an inability to accept any responsibility for ones owns actions. You arent always going to have ebay and treasurenet moderators to bail you out!

mxh5891

Feb 27, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Since you phrased it as a question. I'll bite. No disrespect meant, and they're still dirty scammers... but yeah. You personally sent them the money. It's not like you couldn't have done just a little bit of research to figure out what you're getting into.

Just like if you get an e-mail from Nigeria telling you you've been selected to help move lottery winnings into the USA, you just need to provide a bank account. Do people fall for it? YES... And they're STILL falling for it! Why? Because the scammers are still doing and there are people willing to give them their money. But, if someone falls for it when a simple google search on Nigerian e-mails would reveal all they needed to know.... yeah, I just shake my head in wonder...

I DO believe there is some accountability there. Doesn't make what they do right, but the scammers prey on people who don't do due diligence.

Another way to look at this whole mess is that for $25 (or whatever you paid), you paid a VERY SMALL SUM in tuition for life experience... and you got to keep some wheat pennies to boot! *fist pump* Now, for that small cost, the likelihood of you ever getting scammed again has gone WAYYYY down. That's worth something right there. At least it's not sending someone $8K for a car, only to find out the car doesn't exist...

Life is filled with stuff like this. We all learn from mistakes. I recommend seeing that someone calling out that it was a mistake, isn't necessarily a bad thing.

It's all in how you view that donkey, man. The front end or the back... very different views, but that doesn't make someone wrong, bad, or insulting, simply because they're calling out that an individual COULD have discovered this roll scamming with just a little effort.

I hope you don't consider this inflammatory in any way... it's not meant to be. Life lessons suck. But that's how we grow and learn.

In the future, before getting into some new market on eBay, I recommend checking out the buying guides section. It's saved my butt more than once on coins...

Cheers!

Skippy

Very very very and did I mention very well put. You wrote everything that I was thinking in my head but just couldn't figure out how to write out.

Pete_Iredale

Jul 1, 2015
SW Washington
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The only reason I wanted to take Feebay to small claims court was because they would literally have to pay for a legal representative which was what I wanted them to do and waste their money.

Hate to break it to you, but any large company has lawyers on retainer, so you wouldn't even be wasting their money.

mxh5891

Feb 27, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I will never buy a roll from EBAY or anyplace ever again that's for sure.

Yet you bought a bunch of reprocessed steel pennies on eBay and threw a fit when people told you the were not pristine steel cents like you thought.

Joe777Cool

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yet you bought a bunch of reprocessed steel pennies on eBay and threw a fit when people told you the were not pristine steel cents like you thought.

OMG - too funny!!!

Joe777Cool

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good deal you should check this out!!!

FB_IMG_1455385799500.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread