cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here is something that is a bit amusing but take it as a warning also.

At one bank (Banko Popular) my wife and I have a joint checking account. Just small stuff, it is not our main family account. I also have a "business account" that is one of my main dump bank accounts.

Well last week I got a new debit card in the mail from them. Two days ago I used that card to take money out of my business account for this weekend's bank hopping. For some strange reason at lunch today I decided to go to that bank and change my PIN number, no problem, I left the bank and checked at the ATM to make sure my new card worked. It showed a balance of minus $103. I went back in the bank to find out how I got that error. Turns out the new ATM card was for the personal account. Besides the minus balance the bank tacked on $22 in overdrawn account fees.

To make this long story shorter I went out to my car to get some cash to put back in that checking account and the teller happily took off the $22 fee. Fortunately no checks went through that account in the last few days.

Great bank and this is same teller that gets 1 or 2 bags a week ($500) from me in returns.

So if you have several bank accounts be careful which is for CRH and which is for family. (I try to never mix the two)

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread