Key date buff found coin roll hunting - sort of

Zomotion

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2013
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, coinmaster Gt Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I check out a local auction house every once in a while online. They had 3 "unsearched Jeff nickel rolls so I put a max bid of 10 bucks and won.

Ended up winning and with fees it cost me $12. Got 14 war nickels... And one of the rolls ended up being all buffs.

Filled some holes in my album and pulled a 1913d variety 2!!!!!

In about f to vf condition. 2015 redbook shows about $175 - $200!

These were in a roll - not going to count in my crh tallies but an awesome find nonetheless

image.jpg
image.jpg

Upvote 0

ArkieBassMan

Silver Member
Dec 17, 2009
AR
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great purchase. Not sure I agree with the f-vf (I say g-vg), but its still a fantastic coin and a terrific bargain.

OP
OP
Zomotion

Zomotion

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good to know on the grading... I'm very green at that still

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice score! That was certainly worth the gamble. HH, Maverick.

baddbluff

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2011
vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice little score! Someone forward this to the knucklehead that wanted to crucify the seller on eBay who sold him the penny rolls. You know it's a gamble goin into it - sometimes you win, sometimes you lose.

OP
OP
Zomotion

Zomotion

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice little score! Someone forward this to the knucklehead that wanted to crucify the seller on eBay who sold him the penny rolls. You know it's a gamble goin into it - sometimes you win, sometimes you lose.

I remember that post, he was so angry... The local auction house has been a great source of album fillers for me, especially with Morgan's. You can go see the coin which I like, but if I can't make it to the auction I can bid online. As long as you take the auction fee into consideration you can find some great deals.

They auction off estates of course and kinda know what they are doing... I think that actually works out to the coin collectors advantage if you're patient and careful on what they offer.

I remember a lot they were selling... A roll of 1965 40% quarters... I got a good chuckle on that one

Anyone else had any luck this way?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread